Chapter 36: Bleeding

XANDER'S POV:

"Ariana is-"

Then suddenly, there was a ring on my phone right when he was about to reveal the truth. I smoldered with resentment. I checked my phone and it was Salvatore. I had to pick it because there was a shipment soon to be placement at the docks. The ire of being left into oblivion for a few more time pulsed through my veins but I groaned and picked up the call.

"Boss, today's shipments have arrived at the docks and I've informed the client to come and meet us in an hour so we can show him the new weapons. Do you want me to go and meet the clients or are you going do it yourself?"

"It'd be better if you go this time because I've other things to take care of."

I tried to be as calm and patient as possible through the call but my anticipation was evident.

"Okay, boss. Can you tell me where have you kept the contract and other paperworks?"

I sighed out of irk as I remembered that it was in my personal drawer which was in the control room- a place nobody except me was allowed to enter.

"Meet me in my office within 10 minutes. I need to bring it from my control room."

"Okay, boss."

I hung up and indignantly looked at Jax. He was trying to slowly get his hand towards the knife under the chair he was formerly tied to. His motive was surely to attack me and within a wink, I placed my boot on his hand, crushing the carpals on his hand. He screamed in pain. I chuckled seeing the affliction in the form of tears in his eyes.

"I'll be back in a few minutes," I informed, "We still have things to clear up."

"I'm not going to tell you shit, Stefani!" he bellowed, "You can fucking suffer in agog until the day you find the truth yourself and then you'll regret ALL your decisions in life!"

Fury surged through me. I was so enraged that I was in the verge of quivering. I wanted to behead him right at the spot but I needed him to give me each and every informations. He wouldn't be able to control himself for long. I'd torture him so bad that he'd spill out each and every thing.

I sighed.

But not today. I'm seething. If I try to make him talk today, I'll get so mad that I may kill him. Anger makes you senseless. It completely ceases your ability to think consciously.

He was trying to get in my head and I needed to calmly take decisions. So, I crossed my arms and looks right into his eyes as I warned, "Don't worry, Jax. No matter how much you try to get killed, I won't because I've a lot left to do with you. I going to enveil you piece by piece until there's nothing left in you. Let's see how long you can keep things from me, shall we?"

Then, I walked out of the room as he glared at me. I closed the door and locked it from outside. I walked right towards the control room to get the necessary documents before meeting Salvatore at the office. I gave him details about the contract and other vital informations before he left for the meeting with our client.

I know I can easily go and attend the meeting myself but I was so fucked mentally that I may fuck things up. I'm someone who's known to be composed even at stressful situations but right now, I was perplexed and vexed. I went to my room and went to take a cold shower to calm my nerves. It somewhat worked but I was still baffled. I changed into some comfortable clothes and went to the balcony for a smoke. I didn't even realise when I finished smoking almost a packet of cigarettes but I couldn't care less. My mind was just focus on one and only one person- Ariana.

Everytime I'm trying to trust her, someone or the other is starting to talk about her "hidden identity". This is not only confusing me but it's also making me question myself.