𝐈𝐈𝐈

Warning: slight cursing

"If I have to travel the world to find you, then so be it. We need you y/l/n, don't disappoint us."

Earlier this day

6:30 AM. You got up and prepared like every morning. After driving to your workplace, you opened the door and met Isabelle. "Hi! How are you?" You asked with a smile. "I'm good, and you?" She replied. "I'm great thank you."

"You look lovely today." Said the brown-eyed woman. "Aw thank you! You look beautiful as always." You replied. "So, how's your boyfriend? I can't tell you how much I ship you guys. You just look so cute together." You said smiling.

"Seb is doing good, I've never been so happy with him, we've known each other for now four years and I can see my future with him..." Said she with a giant grin. Your lips curled up into a soft smile. "I'm so gleeful to hear that, you truly deserve it."

Isabelle wrapped her arms around you. You chuckled and hugged her back. "How about you? Did you meet anyone recently? I'm dying to see you with someone." Said she. You sighed. "Why is everyone telling me this?"

"Oh really? Sorry I didn't mean to upset you." She said with a guilty voice. "It's fine Issy, you will never upset me, you're literally the most wholesome person I've ever met." You replied making her smile.

"Not that I don't wanna continue our little chat but we have books to organize." Said your co-worker. You nodded. "Yes ma'am!" You retorted. "Oh my... This reminds me of something." She hummed in response. "Yesterday someone called me ma'am, do I look old?" You asked. She laughed. "No, you don't. I mean we're not twenty anymore but retire is far away from us."

You chuckled. "Thank you for boosting my ego." Isabelle shook her head. "No problem. Now let's work." Said she. A few moments later, your phone started to ring. "Unknown number... That's odd. I have a call I'll be right back." You said as you entered a quiet room. "Hello? " You said through the phone.

"Y/n y/l/n?"

═══════ - ════════

Brooklyn, 9:12 AM

Bucky was currently reading a book in his apartment when his phone rang. "Hello? Who's this?" Asked he. "Nick Fury, director of SHIELD. I believe we already met at Tony's funeral." Bucky frowned. "Did I do something wrong?" Asked the super-soldier. "No, I have a request for you, we need you on a mission."

"Excuse me what?" Said the brunette dumbfounded. "You heard me. Don't worry, Wilson is gonna be here. I'll send you the coordinates of where we have to meet. Don't be late." He said with a serious tone. "Hey! I never agreed, what even is it about?"

"I'll tell you when we meet Barnes. I have to go, you better show up." Said he before hanging up. Bucky sighed. "Another day, another fight." He dialed Sam's number. "Hey, Sam. I just got a call from Nick Fury. Did you know about an upcoming mission? He told me you were gonna be here, what the fuck is going on?"

"Calm down Buck, I knew about the mission but I wasn't aware of the fact that you're in. Listen, I can't tell you so much about it right now but you'll see at the meeting." Said Sam. Bucky closed his eyes and sighed. "Fine."

═══════ - ════════

"This is director Fury. I have a mission for you." Said he. A confused expression appeared on your face. "I beg your pardon?" You said in disbelief. "Listen, I'm not a SHIELD agent, you already have incredible workers such as Maria so why would you call me?"

"Miss Romanoff told me a lot about you. She trusted you and I trusted her. I know you learned to fight with her and I know you can help us." Replied he. You rubbed your temple. "What is the mission about?" You asked. "I can't tell you right now. There's an upcoming meeting and I want you to be here."

"Wait I never accepted your proposition! I have work I can't just leave!" You said, feeling overwhelmed by your emotions. "If I have to travel the world to find you, then so be it. We need you y/l/n, don't disappoint us."

The call ended and your back slowly slid on the wall as you sat on the floor. You buried your head in your hands and groaned in frustration. "What the fuck just happened?" You sighed and a few minutes later, you got up.

You joined Isabelle downstairs. "Is everything okay? Did you know who called you?" She asked worriedly. "It was an ad, I thought this would never end!" You lied with a fake laugh. "Oh god, they're so annoying sometimes." Replied she. You just nodded and smiled.

Did Maria know about this? She wouldn't hide things to y/n, right?

Happy to publish the 3rd chapter alreadyyyy
I truly hope you liked it! (Truth be told, at the moment when I'm writting this, I didn't post the 1st chapter yet-)
Have an amazing daaay <3
Author~