𝐈𝐗

Warning: none, expect the mention of mathematics which can be traumatising

    "What did you see?" Asked Sam. You crouched down in front of a wall. "Look at this, there are numbers here." You said pointing at the small figures. Bucky and Sam walked towards you. "How can you know it has something to do with the mission? Maybe they're just random numbers to trick us or literally something that isn't linked with it." Retorted the super-soldier.

You swiped your fingers on the wall. "It's fresh paint. Now we just need to figure out what it means." You replied as Sam took a look at the numbers. "199251791... It could be a date but there are too many numbers." 

"What happened in 1992?" Asked Sam. "Could be related to the Cold War? It's not even a year after." Replied Barnes. "Okay, but what would mean the rest of the code?" You said perplexedly. You grabbed a piece of paper and a pencil from your backpack.

"What is she doing?" Said Bucky. You placed the paper on a table. "Okay, I need you two to come here." You ordered. "What's your plan?" Asked Sam. "Well, I'm gonna try to understand the message thanks to the alphabet. 1 is for A, 2 is for B, 3 is for C, etc." You replied.

"I mean why not try it?" Retorted Sam. "It's gonna be long though, we don't know how many letters there are." You said before sighing. You began to write letters and numbers. "Let's try first with one number for each letter." 

"It says AIIBEAGIA. Definitely not it." You looked at the paper. "It can't be with 99, 92, 51, 79, and 91 since there aren't that many letters in the alphabet." You retorted. "So it has to end up with 9 and 1." Said Sam.

You glanced at him and smiled. "Indeed Sherlock." Wilson chuckled. "Lemme try it." You nodded and he started to write numbers. "If I use 19,9,25,18,9 and 1 it says SIXRIA. Could it be six ria? What even is a ria. It's probably not this." Said he before sighing.

After many tries, you still didn't find the code. "19,9,2,5,1,8,9 and 1 is SIBEAHIA. It doesn't mean anything!" Said Bucky. "Hold on let me try another time." You took the pencil and stared at the paper. 

"What if I do it with 19,9,2,5,18,9 and 1." Your eyes widened and you turned around. "I think I got it! It says SIBERIA. Maybe it's our next destination?" You said with hope. "I agree but it's a wide place." Replied Sam.

You glanced at the men's body laying on the floor and noticed a weird-looking octopus tattoo. You shared a knowing look with Bucky. "HYDRA." You said in unisson. "We probably have to go to HYDRA's facility, it's in Siberia." Retorted Bucky.

Sam looked at him. "Isn't that where you..." Bucky sighed. "Yes, it is. Now let's go before it's too late." You and Sam nodded. "Good job on this one y/n." Said he with a smile. "No problem. It actually would've been easier if we made a tree diagram but math ain't my thing so... I mean at least we got it." You replied. 

"What time is it?" You asked Sam. "It's around 4 AM, from here to Siberia we've got approximatively eleven hours of flight. This is gonna be a long trip again." Replied he. You sighed. "We better hurry up, we're two hours away from the hotel."

"What even is supposed to be on the drive?" Asked Bucky. "I honestly don't know, Fury gave me orders so I'm following them. It's probably important things that will lead us to the bad guys." Replied Cap. 

You gazed at the heavens. Apollo began to ride his chariot as delicate rays of light slowly started to bring warmth to the polar sky. Tangerine shades connected with sapphire ones, creating a soft and rosy sky.

Bucky snapped his fingers in front of your eyes. "Enough daydreaming y/l/n, we gotta go." You glanced at him. "Yes, serge." You retorted before starting to walk. "Wait." You stopped in your track and turned to face Bucky.

"Your upper lip is bleeding." Said the blue-eyed man. "Ugh...This probably happened when that asshole punched me." You answered. Wiping of your lip with your thumb you looked at him again. 

"Is it good now?" You asked as you tried to get the blood off. Bucky sighed and stepped closer to you. "No. Let me do it." He took a thin cloth and poured water on it then, gently pressed it against your lip.

Trying to avoid any eye contact, you suddenly found his chin extremely interesting. "Done." He said. "Thank you..." You mumbled. "Is it bad if I ship you guys together?" Said Sam with a playful smirk. "Yes." You deadpanned. 

"I don't care, I'll be your fan number one. Even if it might be a dead-end, which I doubt, I'm gonna ship you until I die. Can't wait for the wedding." Answered Wilson. "Can I be your best man Buck?" He asked. "There's no way I'm marrying this woman. Even thinking about it gives me a migraine." 

"Why? She's smart, funny, pretty, and single. Y/n Barnes sounds quite good to me." Teased Sam. You slapped the back of his head. "Hey!" He said as he rubbed his skin. "Okay, I deserved it." Retorted the man. 

After boring hours, you finally got back to the hotel. "I'm exhausted." You said before yawning. Sam yawned too. "Are you kidding? You better not start a yawning loop." Said he. Bucky tried to stiffen his yawn but failed. "Oh dear, what have I created?" You retorted with a laugh.

"Pack your things, we're leaving now." Said Sam. You nodded and grabbed your bags from your room. "Okay, let's go." You followed Sam and jumped in the jet. "Isn't technology incredible? The plane is literally transparent." You said. 

"It's like Lola, how useful it is to have a flying car." Bucky frowned at your words. "Lola, like the red car?" Asked he. "Yeah, Coulson's car, why?" You replied. "I saw it when Howard introduced it for the first time." He answered with a little smile. 

"I had the chance to ride the car once." You said proudly. "Hold up how? Coulson's dead, he got killed by a good-looking god." Said Sam. You burst out laughing. "What's so funny about a man's death?" Said Bucky.

"Wait... Do you guys really think he's dead? I can assure you that he's still working with SHIELD." You replied. "But...How?" Asked Sam dumbfounded. "Long story." You retorted before laying down on a couch. "Now shush, I need sleep. Goodnight boys." 

"Am I dreaming or did she told you goodnight too?" Said Sam with a smirk. "I was just trying to be polite for once, that's it. Don't make assumptions Wilson." You replied. 

At the end of the mission, will y/n and Bucky get along?

I hope you liked this new chapteeeer

I actually took time to make a code- I could've done a tree diagram but didn't have faith lmao

Have a good day guys! <3

Author~