𝐈𝐕

Warning: swearing and angst

      Once your shift ended, you rushed to your house. Grabbing your phone, you called your best friend. "Hey, Ria." You said through the phone. "Hey, y/n/n, is there something wrong?" Asked she. You took a breath in. "Can I talk to you right now?" 

"Yeah! I'm not doing anything, go ahead." She replied. "Well, this morning I got a call." You paused for a second. "From Nick Fury." You retorted. "Did you know?" You asked. "Y/n..." You sighed in disappointment. "So you knew."

"I'm sorry, you know Nick, I wasn't allowed to tell you anything about this project." Said Maria. "I don't think this is a good idea, you know what could happen..." You said remembering your past. "I'm sure you'll be amazing! I believe in you y/n, I'll be there for you if this happens again." 

"Are you part of the mission?" You asked with hope. "I won't be with you but we will be in contact don't worry." She replied. You sighed. "Who's gonna be there? Do you know for how long it'll be?"

"I sadly can't tell you right now." She said with a sorry voice. "It's okay. I'm tired so I'm gonna go, love you." You said. "No problem, love you too, take some rest okay?" You smiled and hung up. After putting on your pajama, you sat on your couch with a steaming tea. "What the fuck did I got myself into again..." 

A few hours later, your phone buzzed. You looked at it and saw a message, Fury's message. He gave you the date and a place. You closed your eyes and sighed. Not feeling tired anymore, you decided to go outside.

You grabbed your keys and laced your boots. You walked into the empty streets and breathed in the cold winter air. You loved this feeling, the few lights illuminating every little detail of the road, the stary night sky, everything. It was one of the only moments when you truly felt free. 

You glanced at the sky and laid down on the pavement. A few raindrops started to fall as tears began to roll on your cheeks. "I miss you, Nat..." You said with a faint smile. You wished she was here, you wished she was here to hold you like she always did. 

You thought about all the memories you shared with her. Even in the worst times, she would smile, you admired her for that. You lifted your left sleeve and smiled at the sight of your tattoo. After she passed away, you decided to get a tattoo of a message she wrote for you. 

Fury's words echoed through your head. "She trusted you and I trusted her."  You swallowed the lump in your throat. "She believed in me, I can't disappoint her. I'll do it for you, Nat, I promise." You got up and walked towards your house.

═══════ - ════════

2:21 AM, Brooklyn.

Bucky woke up in cold sweats. His eyes shot open and he sighed. "Why are they back..." He said wiping the few beads of water that formed on his forehead. "I thought my nightmares were gone, this whole mission thing is fucking me up again." 

He got up and opened his fridge in order to take some milk. The brunette sat on the kitchen's island and waited a few minutes before going back to his room. He spotted a silver object on his shelf and a small smile formed on his lips.

It was a dog tag, Steve's dog tag. Bucky gently took it in his hand. "I miss you jerk." He put it back on the furniture. A life without Steve was hard, he used to be here all the time and now, he was just a memory.

The brunette ran a hand through his short hair. "I should take a shower." A while later, he came back and laid on his bed. Staring at his ceiling, he remembered all the moments he had with Steve. 

"Why did you leave me?" He whispered as a tear fell from his eye. 

• 

Without knowing it, y/n and Bucky shared the same thoughts that night.

Guess who shed a tear while writtiiiing? Me obviously-
I hope you liked this chapter :)
Have a good day as always
Author~