Crazy for you, baby // G.W.

Warnings: one swear word, pregnancy, mentions of pregnancy

Word count: 1k+

----------

The timer on the kitchen counter begins to ring. The sound so loud, it scares you from your daydream.

Pulling the oven mitts on, you grab the freshly baked cake from the oven. Steam rising rapidly, you place it on the cooling rack to cool down before icing it. The buttercream icing already waiting in the fridge. Thankfully, the nausea you were experiencing this morning has ebbed meaning you could finally look food in the face without wanting to be ill.

You sit back down at the kitchen counter, your mind going back to what you were thinking of before the timer rang. The logical side of you knows there is no need to worry, that yours and George's news will be received happily but you still can't help but worry. The quiet soon becomes stifling. With a flick of your hand, the radio switches on and a song you recognise from your adolescence at Hogwarts is playing.

"Say you're leavin' on a seven thirty train, And that you're headin' out to Hollywood."

With another movement of your hand, the song becomes louder as the volume is turned all the way up. Aerosmith is now blasting through your kitchen and you're singing at the top of your voice.

Instead of overthinking and worrying, you're now dancing around your kitchen, singing your heart out.

So loud that you don't hear George enter the house. You don't notice him until he grabs your hand and pulls you into an embrace.

"George!"

"(Y/N)!" He shouts as he spins you out before pulling you back in.

He moves his hands to your wait as he starts to sing along to the radio where Aerosmith is still playing.

"That kinda lovin' makes me wanna pull down the shade, yeah!"

He twirls you around in a circle before holding you closer, "I remember when you got this album. We used to play it constantly, I think that Crazy is our song."

"I remember being sent this album; my dad sent me it special, he thought I would like it. I agree though, Crazy is our song."

The song finishes playing and you both stop dancing. George flicks his hand and the radio switches off.

He spies the cake on the counter and starts to make a move towards it.

"What do you think you're doing, Mr Weasley?"

He grins at you, a shit-eating grin. "Nothing, nothing at all, my dear."

"Don't you dare touch that cake. It is still cooling down and besides, it's for your family for tonight."

George truly looks at you then; he seems to sense that something is off.

"Love, you know you don't need to win them over right?"

You run your hands through your hair; an action you only tend to do when you're stressed over something. "I know, but we're announcing something pretty big tonight so I thought that if I bake a cake it will soften the landing that little bit."

George talks over to you, and takes your hands in his. He places a soft kiss to your forehead before kissing your lips.

"My darling, everything will be okay. My parents already think of you as their daughter and my siblings love you. There is absolutely nothing to be worried about."

"You're sure?"

"I'm sure?"

You nod, comforted for the time being.

George kisses you again, "We aren't due at the Burrow for another few hours. Plenty of time to ice the cake and get ready. We can do this."

You nod again, "Yes, we can."

—-time skip—-

George apparates you both to the Burrow since you were carrying the cake that had finally been iced.

Molly and Arthur meet you at the door; smiles, hugs, and kisses on cheeks being passed around. The Weasley siblings are soon upon you both as well and George places a protective arm around your waist. Ten years you have been together (thirteen as friends) but you still got that little bit overwhelmed with the amount of family. It was wonderful, the Burrow oozed warmth, love and acceptance. You could only hope yours would do the same.

You hand Molly the cake; she tears up slightly as you have made her favourite. She kisses you on the cheek again before pulling you into a bone-crushing hug.

George finds you both like that, "Whoa, mum, be careful. Valuable goods here!"

"Oh George!" Molly utters before turning back to the oven to check on dinner.

George and yourself move into the living room where the rest of the family (bar Charlie) is waiting. Molly follows you in and grabs a seat next to Arthur who automatically reaches out to take her hand. The sight of it makes you yearn for this sort of family more; where after so many years together and so many children, you and George are still so in love with each other.

Arthur takes the lead on the conversation; "Okay, George, (Y/N), what is this news you've got to tell everyone?"

George grabs your hand and squeezes tightly. You squeeze back and take a deep breath. You and George had agreed before the dinner that it would be him to hell his family whereas you would be the one to tell yours.

"Well, Mum, Dad. To put it simply: you're going to be grandparents."

Molly bursts into tears.

Arthur starts to shout that he's going to be a grandad.

The rest of the Weasley clan already deciding on who will be the favourite aunt or uncle.

Once Molly calms down, she comes over to hug you. Folding you into her arms, you feel yourself relax completely; the news was received well and everyone is happy.

Molly pulls away from the hug to ask you: "How far along are you?"

"Just over 20 weeks. George and I wanted to wait until well past the 12 week safety zone and then we wanted to wait to find out the gender. We found out last week: would you like to know?"

Molly nods; tears welling up in both hers and your eyes. You register that the room has gone silent again in anticipation of your answer. George is soon beside you, an arm around your waist and a kiss being pressed to the top of your head.

"So last week we had the gender scan, and George and I found out that we're having a boy!"

Tears start afresh, even Arthur is dabbing at his eyes.

You turn to George and press a kiss to his lips. You are both so extremely happy - out of the corner of your eye, you spy Molly's bewitched knitting needles have already begun to knit a babygrow in a pastel blue.

You press another kiss to George's lips. He's smiling when you pull away and he places a hand on your stomach where the smallest of bumps is beginning to show.

Dinner is forgotten about but Molly cuts into your cake with gusto - already chatting about the future.