Date After Date (sequel to Page After Page) // F.W.

Warnings: mentions of food, but I don't go into too much detail other than naming the dishes, making out in doorways, fred being adorable and flirty, my overuse of commas and semi-colons.

Word count: 2.7k

-------

The door to your shop clicks shut quietly, Fred leaving with a large smile on his face. The bag for your brother is hidden underneath the counter; a post-it note stuck on it reminding you to send them with your next letter.

Heat rising to your face, you rush to the front of the counter shouting, "Sylvia!"

The fresh Hogwarts graduate runs from the back room; holding a reading lamp tightly in both hands, "What? What's wrong?"

You frown, "I love your protectiveness, but you do realise that we have magic and wands, right?"

Sylvia places the reading lamp on the counter, "I forgot."

You shake your head fondly, "It's fine. I only called you to ask if you're okay to shut up this evening?"

She raises an eyebrow, "Would it have anything to do with the Weasley that just left the shop?"

You toe the carpeted floor, "It might do."

"He asked you out, didn't he?" Sylvia asks; excitement lacing her tone.

You nod wildly, "He did!"

Sylvia squeals as she dances on the spot; happiness radiating from every pore. She stops abruptly, "What time is he picking you up?"

"7:30."

Sylvia glances between you and the clock, "You need to go get ready! You have to look perfect!"

You laugh, "Are you sure you're okay to manage the shop on your own?"

Sylvia nods; pushing you to the stairs that lead to your flat, "More than okay. Now go, I want to see what you choose to wear."

Continuing to laugh, you wave to Sylvia as you climb the stairs to your flat.

---------

You treat yourself to a long shower; taking your time to work out the tension from your muscles underneath the hot spray. Squeezing the citrus scented shower gel onto your sponge, you let yourself sink into the excitement of the prospect of this evening.

Fred had admitted not long back that regrets not having noticed you longer, but he had always been on your radar. It was hard not to notice the Weasley twins for all the mischief they caused and how passionately they played Quidditch. Fred had caught your eye in Fifth Year; when you should have been studying for your exams, you had actually been admiring the redheaded teenager from afar, peeking up at him through your lashes whenever you shared a study period.

The crush started innocently; the withdrawn Ravenclaw drawn to the electric Gryffindor. However, you never fooled yourself – nothing was going to happen between you, and nothing did. The twins left Hogwarts through their Seventh Year, and you graduated to work in the Daily Prophet offices before saving enough with the help of your family, to set up the bookshop of which you now lived above.

You never thought that you would run into Fred again, despite having shops so close to the other in Diagon Alley.

You never dreamed he would ask you to dinner in the entrance of your own shop.

Rinsing the coconut conditioner from your hair, you turn off the shower and step out; wrapping a towel around yourself as you do so. Wiping down the fogged up mirror in your bathroom, you can't help but notice the brightness of your eyes and the life in your face.