Falling // G.W.

Warnings: teenage angst but overloaded with fluff

Word count: 4.1k

------

First Year:

Rushing through the corridors, late for Potions is not how you wanted to start your day, but it seemed like there was to be no luck for you this morning.

Having woken late, you had rushed getting dressed and forgot your bag as you raced from your bedroom, having to double back to get it. By that time, breakfast had almost finished so you threw back a piece of cold toast slathered with raspberry jam before necking a glass of orange juice and sprinting from the Great Hall.

Turning onto the corridor in which Snape's classroom is located, you run straight into someone. The force of hitting them, you fall onto your bum and the person you ran into is pitched forwards, caught luckily by their friend.

They turn quickly; their eyes dropping to your figure on the floor, ready to start shouting. However, it seems their argument dies at the same time. Your eyes widen as you realise who you've run into: Fred and George Weasley. The latter rubbing their shoulder where your face had been only moments ago.

"Merlin," You stutter, "I am so sorry, I was rushing, and I didn't see you there."

His twin, Fred you think, covers his mouth politely as he laughs. George elbows him as he smiles at you. "No harm, no foul," George reassures.

You release a long sigh; unaware just how on edge you felt around the twins already making themselves a name larger than the Marauders who once roamed these very halls. You smile sheepishly at the redhead, already a few inches taller than you despite being the same age, and gesture to the now empty corridor, "I guess I better get going to class. I don't want to be late – Snape will have my head if I am."

George nods his head, "Yeah, sure. I'll see you around then."

You turn away from him; hoisting your bag further up your shoulder, "I'll see you around, George."

Second Year:

"(Y/N)," A humour filled voice calls out from behind you.

Turning, you come face to face with George Weasley. You startle slightly; not having spoken much to the twin since you had run into him through your first year. A conversation would be had every now and then, but it mainly consisted of group work with other students in attendance.

Tucking a piece of hair behind your ear, you greet the redhead. He smiles at you politely before gesturing to the empty seat next to you, "Do you mind if I sit here?"

You shake your head, "Of course not, but why aren't you sitting next to Fred?"

George smiles at you gratefully as he sits down next to you, "They've split us into different Herbology classes."

You grin at his answer, "Do I want to know why?"

He shakes his head; opening his notebook and reaching into his bag for his quill. "Probably not, but I'm not too bothered."

"You aren't?"

George shakes his head once more, shrugging his shoulders, "I get to sit next to you."

You turn your eyes from him quickly; not expecting an answer like that. He laughs lightly as he notes down the date and aim for this lesson. "I think we're going to be good friends, (Y/N)."

Third Year:

Your Third Year at Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry starts a little differently to your last two. For starters, you don't sit with your usual friends. Instead, you wave to them from the platform at Kings Cross before joining Fred and George as they wait for you with their younger brother, Ron, in tow.