Awful Days Lead to Better Nights // G.W. [BLURB]

From the very moment you opened your eyes, it seemed that fate was out to get you. A falling out with your parents had led you to come to work in a foul mood. A mood matched and doubled by your boss who offered you up for every rotten task on the itinerary, barely giving you enough time to eat your lunch.

On top of that, it began to rain on your way home. The rain being the final straw, you turned around, heading to the only place that you knew would make you happy.

The Weasley Twins lived above their shop in Diagon Alley. There were two entrances; through the shop or through the door at the side of the shop. It was at this door that you let your fist rain down upon, knocking loudly for the whole street to hear.

It doesn't take long for George to answer; ready to berate those making such a racket. The words die on the tip of his tongue when he finds you standing on his doorstep, soaked from the rain and close to tears.

He ushers you into the flat, flicking the kettle on with wordless magic. He sits you down the couch where he lets you rant to him about everything that had gone wrong in your day.

By the time you're finished, your tea is empty and you're nodding off where you sit. George chuckles, "You're staying here tonight."

"You don't mind?"

"Nah," He shakes his head, "It's nice to have the company. Fred is at Angelina's."

"Thank you," You whisper gratefully at the redhead who dismisses your words with a simple wave of his hand. "Let me get you some blankets and some pillows. The couch is the comfiest thing in this place."

Ever the gentleman, George collects everything you need. Letting you dry off in privacy before setting up your bed for the night. He whispers a goodnight before entering his own room, leaving you alone to your thoughts.

The last thing you want is to be alone tonight. You don't want to listen to your mind replaying all the awful situations from today. You just want to be comforted and content.

The door to George's room remains closed, but you can see the faint light of his lamp shining underneath the door. Steeling your nerves, you push back the covers of your makeshift bed and make your way to George's room.

He sits up straighter when you open his door; the quilt slipping down to his waist, revealing the fact that he sleeps shirtless.

"Can I stay with you tonight?" You ask, your voice small as you set yourself up for the inevitable let down.

George nods wordlessly, pulling the covers back on his bed so you can slip in beside him. The bed is warm and George is a reassuring presence beside you as you try your best not to cuddle up to the redhead. He switches off the light with more wordless magic and reaches for you in the dark; his grip on you is tight as his hand runs through your hair, settling your heart to an acceptable rhythm for you to fall asleep.

"Good night," You murmur, eyes closed and face pressed against his bare shoulder.

"Good night," He whispers, resting his face in your hair.

—-

You wake to the sun. Stretching, you hum happily at your lighter mood, smiling at George's still sleeping figure. Slipping out of bed, you grab a shirt for you to wear, quickly changing out of the clothes you were wearing yesterday.

Upon entering the kitchen, the first thing you do I make a fresh pot of coffee and begin cooking breakfast. It takes no time at all which your stomach thanks you for.

Fresh coffee and food in hand, you take a seat at the small table. You smile to yourself as your eyes dance around the flat; they had made it a home in such a short amount of time - their personalities clearly evident in every aspect. It's wonderful, you think to yourself, taking a sip of your drink before starting on your breakfast.

The door to George's room opens again and he emerges, still shirtless and hair a mess as he rubs away the sleep in his eyes. "Good morning," He greets.

"Morning," You smile, "Thanks again for letting me stay here."

"It's no problem. Are you wearing my clothes?" George asks, voice hoarse from both sleep and the shock of seeing you in his t-shirt.

You glance down at the t-shirt, holding it out at the hem. "I am, I hope you don't mind, I just needed something to wear."

"I don't mind at all."

"You don't?"

George shakes his head, pouring himself a coffee before adding milk. "I could look at you in my clothes all day," He states honestly, enjoying the flush of your cheeks as his words settle in your mind.

It was going to be a good day, George thinks to himself as he catches sight of your bare legs under the table. A very good day.