Opening Day // G.W. [DRABBLE]

Walking through Diagon Alley, it isn't hard to miss the exterior of Weasley's Wizard Wheezes. The brickwork is painted a fantastic combination of orange and purple – most definitely eye catching and hard to miss as you dawdle through the cobbled streets.

The bell above the door chimes as you enter the brightly lit shop. It had only been open for a few minutes, and your eyes widen as you take in the final look.

Behind the counter, dressed in their best suits, are the men this is all down to. 

Fred and George Weasley stand proudly behind the counter. They both grin at you as you enter the shop, pausing in the entryway to look them both up and down, hands on your hips.

"My, don't you both look dashing."

Fred tugs at the lapels of his suit jacket, "Aren't we just?"

You laugh, approaching the counter. "I thought I wasn't seeing you until later?" George asks.

"Well I had to be your first customer, didn't I?" You grin, gesturing to the shop.

George smiles broadly, "Then by all means... I look forward to see what you choose."

You blow a kiss to the redhead before beginning to explore the store. You had seen it before, of course – George had shown you around, as proud as anything. He was so excited he had to take you around twice; the first time he went so fast that you couldn't keep up with him.

You take your time with the displays; hearing the bell chime multiple times as you make your way through the shop. You explore both floors; taking in all their stock that they worked so hard to create. From Fifth Year, they had been creating such items and you can't help but feel ridiculously proud of the both of them.

As you potter through the shop, more and more customers begin to arrive. Teenagers with their friends wanting to buy to the latest skiving sweet to avoid Potions; the lovelorn teen girl standing by the love potion stand, her eyes focused on a lad laughing not two metres away. It seems she has a surge of confidence, grabbing the love potion and walking determinedly for the checkout.

You shake your head at the girl's actions; wondering if she noticed how the lad watched her leave the love potion display and continued to watch her until she left the shop.

Shrugging your shoulder, you grab a bottle of the love potion – thinking it could be a cute memento of the shop but also of the first time you had smelled the Amortentia potion and realised that you were in love with George.

Joining the queue, you patiently wait your turn to be served, watching George in action as he rings through his products but also as he recommends how to use such items. He's so animated and watching him makes your heart flutter slightly. He was made for this, you realise.

George beams at you when you finally reach the till. He laughs at the product in your hand, ringing it through.

"Here's your shopping, I hope you had a pleasant visit to Weasley's Wizards Wheezes."

"That is adorable," You comment, taking your small bag with a smile.

"I do try," George states.

Glancing back to the queue and seeing its length, you decide it's time to leave. Leaning over the counter, you kiss George on the cheek, "Good luck for the rest of the day, my love. Tell me all about it later."