Sleepy Cuddles // G.W. [BLURB]

Exam season was always rough, but after being offered to take extra subjects in the beginning of your NEWT years, you were beginning to feel the strain. Thankfully, the teachers understood and allowed you to take a couple of exams after school in the presence of said teachers.

Tonight had been your last one. Rushing back to the Gryffindor common room, you couldn't help the relieved smile on your face as you thought of the weeks of freedom stretching out in front of you in the form of summer. Everything felt perfect.

Entering the silent common room, you're surprised to find George waiting for you. "You waited up for me?" You ask, affection for the redhead flooding your body as you take in the sight of George sprawled across the old, red leather couch.

"Of course I waited for you," He answers, "I wanted to celebrate with you."

Stifling a yawn, you say, "I don't think I'm up for much celebrating tonight, Georgie. I'm too tired."

"Perfect," George grins, opening his arms for you. "Let's cuddle instead."

"You read my mind," You laugh, dumping your bed and robe, climbing onto the couch with George. It was so late in the evening that all other students had gone to bed, leaving the the common room completely empty.

You snuggle into George, inhaling his all too familiar scent of gunpowder and honeysuckle. "How long have you been waiting?"

"Not long at all," George fibs lightly. He had been sat in the same spot since classes finished for the day, refusing to budge until he had seen you. "How'd you think you did?"

"Alright," You answer sleepily. "I aced the first section where I explained the properties of moonstone and asphodel root. I struggled a little on the technical, but I soon found my bearings."

"That's my girl," George quietly cheers, pressing kiss after kiss to your hair, feeling himself drop off to sleep.

"I'm your girl," is your answer as your eyes droop closed, joining George in much needed sleep.