Month 8

AN: You ask and you shall receive

We fell into a routine. Everything was right. I assisted on the tavern, with constant complaints from Meliodas. I had no more nightmares. My anxieties rested a little when I realized who I was surrounded by.

When I go to take out the trash, these kids picking on this little girl

"Hey leave her alone," I yelled. The kids run away giggling. 

"Devils," I say before going to face the little girl to see if she was alright.

"You're going to meet the real devil soon" The girl grinned at me in a quite mature way before running off. This knocked me out of the content I had with my life.

I quickly attempt to make my way back inside to be with the people that make me feel safe. But I wasn't able to make it there. The man I've been fearing for months standing in front of me, grinning. He looked so pleased, just staring at me. Black smoke surrounded us. I couldn't move. I looked around me. I was restrained. Chains on my wrist and ankles. The room I was in decay. Metal pipes, rocks, and broken glass surrounded me.

I counted my fingers, hoping it was a dream. 10/10. 

"Fuck this is real," I say to myself. There were no windows. It's only one source of light. A candle on the floor in front of me. I was starting to tear up as the fear I had that my life and my future children would end today.  I stare at the ceiling made up of rotten wood.  Meliodas would probably be rubbing my stomach right now, talking to the baby, as I rested. 

But that's not happening right now. Right now The man I fear has walked in the room keeping a grin on his face. 

"It's time darling" He cooed, An arm around his back. I could only assume that it's a knife. A knife that he'd use to rip the baby out of me and use him for his own selfish ways. 

"Come on eat up," What I assumed turned out to be wrong as he sat a bowl of soup in front of me. 

"Oh yeah, I forgot." He fished a key out of his pocket, He keeps that grin on his face as he unlocks me. 

"I'm not eating this shit," I tell him bluntly. 

"You skipped breakfast today, you need to eat." He was right. I didn't have the chance this morning.

"You fucking stalker, do you not have anything better to do than to creep on a pregnant woman."

"Would you be surprised if I said no?" His grin grew. I rolled my eyes. Of course only this sick fuck can joke at a time like this. 

"Not at all," I said smugly. He stared at my stomach for a bit before becoming serious. 

"Eat." He says before turning around walking to the door. 

"Just please let me go," I begged. He stopped in his tracks. I took that as a chance. I continued to reach out for one of those metal pipes. The chains around my ankles are long enough to allow me to reach him. 

"That's not going to happen." He answers. Luckily The piper barely makes a sound as I lift it. He's still facing the door. 

"Just give me more time." My voice is full of sadness which hides my motive. I stand, the chains rattle as I stood. If only I wasn't consumed by anger and fear I would've realized sooner. How odd this was. 

"Sorry I can't do tha-" He was cut off by the metal hitting his head.  I didn't stop. He fell to the ground. I've never known I had that much stamina.  I stop hitting him when he stops twitching, instead, I search his pocket for the key. Once I find it, I set myself free. 

This is when I realize. The stupid fucking grin still lies on his face. I connect the dots at that moment. This was too easy. This was a trap. Before I could run, I was taken out again. The last thing I see is that grin.

Meli's POV

She's missing.