A Little Strange

*This is an AU of how the Octonauts met Peso. This isn't how I usually picture it, but I thought it might be cute.

You can read the comic I used for inspiration, such as the sample above, in the summary of my upcoming sequel to Hush Little Penguin; Hush Little Penguin 2: Diana's Babying. We all remember Diana. I wanted to give her a bigger role.

Enjoy! I might turn this into a story of it's own if I have enough to back it up. UD602 🥰😘*

The Gup A surfaced with it's usual gusto that came with being a part of the water world.  The minute the windowed hatch opened, Kwazii tumbled out through midair, landing on his feet like all cats do, and stretching. He curled in on himself with a start. "Yeow! Why does this place have to be so cold?"

Shellington stepped out, careful of the snow,  and adjusted his snow suit. "Because it doesn't get an direct sunlight, even less than the arctic." Shellington carried on with his speech and the others felt free to tune out. Shellington sometimes talked to himself to make sure he knew everything he needed to. Barnacles smiled. "I admit Kwazii, I'm also a little chilled."

Kwazii grumbled something about living in an icy home, and the bear chuckled. Inkling tugged gently on one of the many sleeves of his own coat. "I don't expect there were many pirating expeditions toward Alaska."

Shellington paused his ramblings. "Kwazii grew up in Arizona, where it is very hot and rarely snows. He's probably not used to such cold weather."

"And I doubt pirates have coats." Tweak griped, taking a bite out of her carrot, in hopes of finishing it before it froze. "What are we doing here again?"

"The professor has someone special he wants us to meet before we officially start our voyage as the Octonauts." Barnacles smiled at the octopus.

As Inkling geared up his hover chair, he continued for the captain. "We still have a very important role to fill on our crew..."

"...And an empty Sick Bay..." Tweak joked.

Inkling went on. "And I have a friend here who has been able to help."

Barnacles nodded. "Dr. Galen. He runs the hospital here...where exactly is here?"

Inkling chuckled. "Whitewood Antarctica. This is where Dr. Galen and many of his employees live. It's a very small town and the hospital should be only a walking distance from here. But that's not where we're going." He gestured for them to follow.

The trek through the snow wasn't as bad as they might have imagined. It was quite nice out, and feeling so much so that a few hoods went down. A group of kids came clammering by, almost knocking Kwazii over in the process and eliciting a cry of alarm from the cat. Dashi giggled and looked at the sky. "It's such a beautiful day, for a place that doesn't get direct sunlight." She smiled at Shellington, who chuckled in response. "It's around spring here in the Antarctic, and school will be letting out for them in just a few weeks." They had all gotten quite quickly used to the fact that they often traveled to different times of the year long before they were supposed to begin. Tweak called it, 'Traveling ahead of time.'

It was very nice out indeed, for there were many other kids to avoid. The elementary school must have already let out, for it was around two o clock and the small town's streets were littered with children making to most of the sunny day. When the Octonauts passed, a lot of curious eyes stopped to stare. One kid went up to Kwazii and asked him where his long metal toys were.

"He probably means camera equipment." Shellington explained after he had run off. "Penguins always have documentary crews filming them."

"Ah, that's just because they're cute." Tweak brushed him off. She could be a little prickly sometimes and had missed most of her night trying to shoo some stray crabs ot of the launch bay.