V: Miroirs

The flowers that you kissed regardless of their races, their colors, their beauties- you didn't bother even when the thrones underneath made you bleed.

In my whole twenty years of life, I have never seen such beautiful eyes. As if they were sculpted neatly and blessed with all the beauties that existed in heaven as even the earth couldn't afford them. His tall nose bridge right between those two gems was perfectly fitted and followed by an angelic smile. The radiant smile, the only illuminating thing which was able to entice me so much after the accident. I have always been an admirer of lights- the sun, the moon, the reflection of water, etc. But after that accident, I forgot to admire them as if I have never loved them before. Then after all these, out of nowhere this person came to me in person and flashed a smile that even the thousand stars will be shy. His little smile with full of adoration and blush creased the skin around his eyes at then I noticed there was even a mole underneath his lower lip. Just how much beauty this man beholds!

I was so busy admiring his beauty that it failed my eyes, how we hadn't had eye contact yet. I thought maybe he was just shy, or introverted, or maybe uncomfortable to have eye contact but all of my assumptions crumbled into nothingness as the man spoke the truth himself.

"I can't see you know."

So all the while, I have been admiring something that is so useless, so beautiful but has been a curse to him? Why everything I fell for always leads me to void from where I can not return?

I gasped as I remembered how the same thing happened with my violin career. It all crumbled like a sandcastle like it never existed after I lose my hearing. It's true that I can hear now as I am using hearing aids, but doctors strictly forbade me to continue my violin career. It can be deadly for my ears.

All these random yet such terrific thoughts were slowly engulfing me, as I gasped for air. I didn't know I was holding my breath until Xiao Zhan spoke again.

"Okay, It's really good to meet you Mr. Wang and I suppose Rimona. You see I came here to pick up my niece and how serendipitous to hold your hand here. But I guess it's time for me to leave, I can't let my tired niece wait for more right?"

"Oh sure sure. The pleasures also mine to meet someone like you all of a sudden. Do you need any help?" I instantly said out, but the words came out more jumbled more whispery that even I couldn't differentiate it from pity. Though it was a matter of conflict, whether the pity is on him or it was on me.

He put on a smile and told us that his P.A. was already there and Nabi, that is probably the name of his niece, was enough for me to guide the way to the door.

But this time his smile didn't reach his eyes.

Did my words hurt him in some ways that I didn't know of? He was leaving and I couldn't do anything, so as a terrible person as I am, I insisted to at least guide him to the exit.

Once again, this time consciously and very carefully I held his hand. Just then I realize how his hands are so small against mine, even though he was a bit taller than me. His hands were so smooth yet so stern, as I have heard he had been the greatest sculptor of our generation in whole Asia- it's expected from him.

"Here we are. Oh, you must be Zen?" I asked to the lady who was wearing a white blouse and blue pencil skirt- with sneakers?

"I am! And Zhan is your fan so am I... would you give me your autograph?" She squealed, suppressing her excitement though she miserably failed.

"Sure I will. But I guess Mr. Xiao Zhan and little Nabi are in little hurry to go home and I can see the tiredness in this two. So how about we do that when we meet next time? You won't mind meeting me right Mr. Xiao?" I hummed. To my utmost surprise, I feel how slightly the grip tightened, and a pink hue brushed over his face. Who would be so dumb to not smile at such a beautiful view? Of course, I smiled.

"Of course not, I will be more than glad to meet you again. But for today excuse us please, I can't wait to have some coffee with you." He said, so tiredly. I smiled verbally and squeezed his hand while saying goodbye to all of them.

He was about to got into the car when suddenly he whipped his head, unknown to him, that our faces were just inches apart, his breath brushed my cheek as he hummed,

"You wore nail polish, right? I like the texture so much, it feels frosty." Somehow, I managed to say yes and being happy with the answer, they drove off leaving my erratically beating heart alone.

" Somehow, I managed to say yes and being happy with the answer, they drove off leaving my erratically beating heart alone