XII: Arietta

To the broken heart, and withered soul, I offer you the solace of my warmth, embracing the insecurities of your scars

To the broken heart, and withered soul, I offer you the solace of my warmth, embracing the insecurities of your scars. Be ours, name our love... yours, you know who.

Salazar wasn't what he thought she was. If I hadn't had seen the duality in her virtue by my own eyes within just few moments of meeting, maybe I too would easily be deceived by the praise of Zhan. Of course, I can't blame Zhan for loving a person he has known for years but then again, as an individual, I couldn't feel at ease either. I know we have been seeing each other just for few days where she has been in his life for years... but then again, just because there is a person in your life for a long time does never prove they can not be toxic or wasn't such. People change, just like you do. And you matter.

"Yibo, my love, How was the date?" Mom hummed looking up at me, from the book she was reading.

"It was good. I gained knowledge." I said while gulping down the water from a glass.

"Oh, by the way, Soham called."

"Soham? Soham Einaudi?"

"uh huh."

I felt something knotting in my throat at the same time I felt skeptical and confident. It was that type of mixed when you know you are going to win the game yet you are scared of fate. You fear the future unknown.

"Why call... all of a sudden?"

"Don't know... he must have heard you discharging from Hospital."

"Well, Mom... that would be too much for me to take in."

"Yibo, don't judge a person so randomly. People change. And you should communicate with him first and then decide how it will affect your relationship with him."

"Huh, we don't have any relationship."

"You know what I meant."

"Yeah, yeah I got it. Now I really need rest. I am going upstairs."

"You will have dinner right?"

"Yup."

After taking a warm bath rather than a quick shower, I thought of all the incidents that happened today. While I thought today will be a blooming day where I and Zhan will explore his artworks along with our emotions... nothing like that happened. Instead, I met with these people I least wanted to meet.

Soham has been the director of the Ballet house, and also the only heir of their whole business. After his brother died, he was meant to handle the business regardless of how much he wanted to be a pianist. We know each other from our first encounter in kindergarten, then serendipitously ( I doubt I will call our meeting serendipity now) in the music class, then at a family dinner as we have come to know our families are always heartily friends even before our birth.

Awakening was not in our vocabulary then. We didn't know what does it mean to be 'gay'. Nor did we know about sexuality, orientation, or gender. But we knew one thing- we love each other. More than it could hold, our souls knew we loved each other.