XI: Traumerei

It's not what it seems

It's not what it seems. But that doesn't stop me from loving you

I was busy describing about my sculptures to Yibo and that was when I hear the very familiar sound of heels. My girl- Autumn. My favorite season as well. Though I exactly hasn't experienced the color of her shoes with my eyes but as far as people told me and so did she... she always wear the iconic velvet red The Lady with the red shoes.

" Oh! I left you to stain, let me wipe it." She always does this. Intentionally living her Dior lipstick stain on my cheeks and then wipe it with her patchouli-scented handkerchief. Though I am not sure if it goes away totally.

"Autumn, I missed you. My stiletto girl" I said, sighing and missing each and every moments of us together. Her giggles, her soft baritone voice that changes with her mood, the sound of her heels and her Flamenco.

"I missed you more, Zhan." Said she, booping nose with me.

"Well, no nose booping now. I want to you to meet someone, Yi-Yibo are you there? Where are you?" I said. Unknown to me, and so uncanny that I didn't know even his little absence frightens me so much that my heart beats faster. Good lord, I am getting used to him! I do not want him to be my habit, my routine. Not yet.

"I am here." His voice cooed soothingly and soon he held my hand assuring he was just next to me. All the time.

"Ah, I am- I am glad. Well," I sighed smiling at my own foolishness, " Well, I want you meet Autumn, my forever best friend whom I have been with like from the beginning of time?"

"Well, beginning of your time, not mine since I have started seeing the world one year before.

"Excuse me? I didn't quite catch that." I heard Yibo said confused, his grip around my fist tightened and I too held it firmly.

"Oh she is just saying that she is one year older than me. She and her lame sense of humour." I said mentally eye rolling.

"well, it never fails to make you laugh though." Autumn said bumping her shoulders with mine, then I heard one or two clacks of her heels probably she was going to handshake Yibo.

"Hello Stranger-o-familiar, I am Anupriya Roy Salazar, and if you have any problem with pronouncing my name, just call me Autumn. And I have been seeing this handsome face since the age of three, so yeah."

"And," I said, hugging Yibo his scent brushing me like lullaby, "she is also a very good flamenco dancer."

"Wow," Yibo said, and then shook hands with her, "I am Wang Yibo, and it is so nice to meet you. You can call me Mr. Wang."

That caught me off guard, but still, I can't talk over Yibo's decision about his name. And of course, even if Autumn is close to me, doesn't mean she will instantly be close to Yibo.