VII: Primavera

But I never tried to hurt, did not want you to bleed! Please, Stay with me

"Shijie, where is Nabi?" I asked as I mouthed the last piece of pancake. It was the third day of the week, and I am subjected to rest. Stupid Zenda had to go to another city due to official works but didn't forget to bribe Nabi to have her eyes on me. And like that... I was confined under her strict gaze.

"I am right beside you, watching your every step very carefully." Her stern voice startled me, "You haven't finished the omelet properly, here let me feed you" she said as I opened my mouth to have it.

"Hey, Nabi... you know you were an angel right?"

"Grow up uncle Zhan, it's 21st century. So, such pick up lines ain't no use. Just go straight to the point."

I let out a nervous chuckle at her wit and continued, "I want to buy something to gift someone, but I don't want to tell about that to Zen or she will be too fussy about it. Will you help me buy it?"

"What is it?"

"Chin rest... the one that violists use. I want a very good one."

"Oh... is it for-"

"Nabi hush. Just do as I told you."

"But I guess it will take some time to order it online... and I guess it's better to buy offline you know?" Nabi said and actually, that made quite sense. I wanted to do all these before Zen came back from the business tour. And if it was online then I don't think we would be able to make it within three days.

"What are you two people talking about?" Shijie piped maybe even hearing some of our conversations. Right, Shijie!

"Shijie, can you do me a favor?" I asked.

It took more time than I thought it would. Since we had not accustomed to many stores, especially for things like this it was hard for us to find a decent one. So it took us almost dusk to finally get the gift and reach the academy. I was okay all along but the moment I stepped outside the car the dizziness again hit me, but I was conscious enough to handle myself. I had to.

While Shijie took Nabi to the washroom, I called Rimona partly because I wanted to surprise Yibo. Thank goodness, she was still here and he was too. I took a deep breath as she took me to the room Wang Yibo was practicing his ballet. I wish I could see that...

"Yibo!" Rimona squealed not minding how the swan lake was playing in the speaker, probably Yibo too was dancing. I heard a frustrated groan then it stopped. Searching for something, anything- I heard him gasp and then break into giggle.

"Zhan Xiao, you came." The adoration dripped from his tired whisper, and it carefully succeeded to make me smile let alone blush. I was about to reply something that to Yibo but again I felt dizzy, guess it wasn't a good idea to visit before the decided date.

"I brought something... Rimona will you please give it to him? I said as I gave her the gift while leaning on the wall. At first, she hesitated since isn't it natural to give the gift myself but nonetheless took it from me, and gave it to Yibo. I heard his chuckles as he unwrapped the paper.

"I don't know if you will like it or not but I- I just thought it would be a good gift and maybe that will convince you to play violin for me..." My voice died down when I heard Rimona gasp loudly. What's happening? That sounded scary... did Yibo not like it?

"Did you not like-" my words cut off by the sharp words then Yibo muttered. His sudden yelling made me startle so much, I could feel my heartbeats drumming... what's happening?

"Why!" he snapped, " Why, why why, why?" he yelled at the loudest,

"Why the fuck will you give me this? Why do I have to see this?" But I don't understand what made him so angry, God I feel like crying as anxiety started crippling inside me slowly.

"Yibo calm down... Zh- Zhan doesn't know." Rimona tried to stop but of no use. He started to scream again like a lunatic. But what is so wrong with just a chin rest?

"I hate it, I hate violin, I hate music, I hate you Zhan!" he snapped not realizing how it shattered my heart, how terribly it pained me to hear such words. A loud thud and everyone went silent.

"What happened? Yibo? You okay? Did you fall?" I asked impatiently and worried. My head has been buzzing but now I can feel a sheer pain. Though I ignored that but before I could move, I felt warm droplets on my hand. Am I crying?. One, two, three -but it didn't stop...

"What the fu- why would you throw the chin rest Yibo? Oh my goodness, Zhan your head is bleeding!" Rimona yelled and rushed towards me. She made me sit nearest the stool and went to get the first aid kit.

"Zhan? I heard an yell are you ok- oh my god Zhan..." Shijie said something but it all sounded muffled as I felt slowly drifting off to silence.

"  Shijie said something but it all sounded muffled as I felt slowly drifting off to silence