VI: Nepenthe

But who could have thought I was also among them- the one who is the reason of your bleeding?

"Zhan, it's time for dinner!" My sister called for my name from downstairs. I was about to get up from bed, but Zen was faster than me as she shot back a 'stop' which was enough for me to not move. Dejected, I sat there on the bed while she was trying to end the call but couldn't.

"Yeah, okay we will have a meeting next week then. Yes, have a good night." Finally she cut the call with the following sigh. I snickered but then cut off by another foul profanity she had said today.

"Don't you dare move from there unless I tell you to. Your sister doesn't know obviously I'm not stupid to say everything to her only to get her another anxiety attack but yeah, that doesn't mean you will cut any loophole. You ARE not going anywhere. I will be bringing the food and everything here, doctor said you need full rest at least for one week."

"You know one week is terrible! How am I supposed to spend a whole freaking week on bed? And you know I hate pausing. " I said, but instantly regretted as again my head felt dizzy. Probably that was visible, as I felt Zen hurriedly come beside me and helped me to calm down.

"Okay, okay, I get it. Shh, now please rest. Zhan I'm worried and no more talking, okay? I'm here."

I hummed; the head felt like hammer drumming for no reason. She carefully half laid me down and probably went to bring our food.

It happened after we got in the car, I was feeling tired and dizzy for long but didn't know it would go that far. As soon as we left the academy, I felt nauseous and my head started spinning. Thanks to Zen, she was used to any kind of emergency situation so it wasn't hard for her to handle when I... vomited. I was instantly sent to the hospital and doctor said it wasn't something serious just some usual sickness. Still, I was given to do some tests but he assured that it wasn't something to be worried about. I wasn't worried about that; I was worried about Nabi. To scare her and her parents about my health was the last thing I would be wanting; nonetheless, she was smart enough to handle the situation with her little head. As Zen was about to convince her to not tell her mother about it, she, like the best girl ever existed (obviously my sister is the best too), didn't make any fuss about it. She silently listened every instruction and caressed my hand. Times like these always made me feel alone, so helpless. How much I urge to hug her, to assure her I am okay but... I can't. Something deep down in my heart stops me from doing so... reminds me how pitifully helpless I am. Obviously I am a human, I face few times too when I feel I am not confident, I am dependable and all- but that is not the whole story. I know how gorgeously I handle my work, my field like no other can and stupid eyesight thinks it will be able to stop me? Not today.

"Uncle Zhan?" a sweet whisper called my name. Thinking of an angel and here she is. I hummed and heard how little footsteps slowly came near me and then put her head on my hand. Smiling, I caressed her hairs that was tied into a ponytail I suppose, when little warm droplets hit my skin.