1. Shower

Song: Shower - Becky G

"Don't let people tell you who you are, you tell them," -Serena Van Der Woodsen, Gossip Girl.

***

"Hestia if you dare hang up on me, I'll tell mom you're having sex!" My younger sister Blair declares.

"I'm not!" I reply.

"I know that, you know that. Mom doesn't know that," The little witch replies and I could almost swear I could hear the smile in her voice.

Who decided I needed a little witch as a younger sister and where do I go to get a refund?

"Fine, I'll send the money next week, I'm broke right now," I reply and hang up the call. 

At that moment I hear my name called out and glance around. I notice my Resident Assistant's(RA) door is open and she's on her knees creating something on a cardboard. I walk over. 

"Hestia how's rooming with Lisa so far?" My RA sks as I walk by her ajar room door. I pause. Lisa was a new roommate I'd gotten this semester. Though we'd never spoken prior to being assigned as roommates I knew of her existence, how couldn't I? The entire school knew Lisa and her gang of friends.

They were notorious for being wealthy and hosting the best parties in the school. Which is why I was even more shocked she was my roommate. As fate would have it, turns out no one wanted to be her roommate, from either anxiety at who she was or the fact that her group of friends were notorious for getting into trouble.

Yet, through a stroke of bad luck. When school resumed a week back, I had shown up to my room only to be asked over by the Resident Assistant (RA). I was met by the sight of a girl who looked to be in a pretty bad shape bawling her eyes out and a helpless looking RA who'd asked if I could switch rooms. Maybe she chose me because she knew how hard I found it to say no to people in need. Maybe, I was too shocked by the sight of the girl in tears and trusted my RA wouldn't throw me to the wolves, either way, I had immediately agreed. Only to realize to my horror a couple minutes later, after signing the room switch documents that the room was going to be room 520.

Room 520 was infamous in Neist hall. Lisa, a final year student had gotten the same room right from her freshman year. And right from her freshman year, every roommate Lisa has ever had either got pregnant, gone to jail, withdrew or got expelled. Either way they always ended up leaving in a bad state. It was a cursed room and the culprit everyone linked was Lisa.

I tried my best to plead for my RA to stop the room switch but she wouldn't budge. She'd found a good offering on a platter of gold, why would she take it back? Hence, I ended up being roommates with Lisa. I'd been in the room for fourteen days and yet had never seen her. I sincerely was thankful about that and had let down my guard thinking she'd never show up.

"No Idea haven't seen her since I moved in," I reply begrudgingly, not because I wanted to meet Lisa, I'd be happy not to, but because I was slightly mad I had been tricked into being the sacrificial lamb.

"She's probably at the Blue house, well, it all works out doesn't it?" She says holding a fake smile. Easy for you to say, I think and want to reply, but instead I return the smile and keep it moving towards my room. Arriving I put in my keys and open the door, wondering if today would be the unlucky day I'd meet her. Stepping in I am met with an empty apartment as I left it. "Guess she's never coming back" I state and drop my bag by the wall. Walking into my room I take off my clothing and walk over to the restroom by the door connecting to my room, while leaving my room door open. At first, I left my door open in case she came back so I could say Hi. I didn't want to be friends but I also didn't want to be her enemy. She never came and I never got the chance to say hi, but out of habit I left the door open.

The apartment was great in that, we both had our respective restrooms. Lisa's was considered the master bedroom as she had a shower that could only be accessed via her room. While I had a bathroom that while connected to my room was also the guest restroom as it was accessible via a door to the left once you stepped into the apartment.

Pausing I unlock my phone and click on the YouTube app, it open up and I hit the mix of songs starting with Nico and Vinz- Am I wrong. I then turn on the shower to hot and step into the bath tub.

Once done, I turn knob, the water stops flowing. A familiar tune comes on causing me to gasp in glee. Who knew choosing a random playlist on YouTube would lead to one of my fave songs?

I don't know, it's just something about ya

Got me feeling like I can't be without ya" I sing along to Shower by Beck G as I pull the shower curtain.

"Anytime someone mention your name

I be feeling as if I'm around ya" I ball my right hand into fist and pretend it's a microphone as I move my head sideways.

"Ain't no words to describe you baby

All I know is that you take me high

Can you tell that you drive me crazy?" I l place my right leg on the bath ... and place my right elbow against my knee as I sing with my fist microphone.

"'Cause I can't get you out my mind

Thinkin' of ya when I'm goin' to bed

When I wake up think of ya again

You are my homie, lover and friend"

Placing my left foot over the  edge I step out of the bathtub, and I reach for the towel hanging on the hook and pause holding the towel on my hand as I jump singing while facing the wall of the bathtub.

"Exactly why

You light me up inside

Like the 4th of July," I move back ward still singing to the shower wall,

"Whenever your around

I always seem to smile" I turn around still holding onto the towel with my right hand. Jumping

And people ask me how

Well your the reason why

I'm dancing in the mirror and singing in the shower

Ladade ladada ladada...arghhhhhh!"

Screaming I fall to the ground with my arms crossed over my chest and my knees over it.

"Who are you?" I scream with my back facing the strange guy.

The sound of a light chuckle fills the room. "The dude who watched you dancing in the mirror...naked?" He says with a British accent. 

****

lol  

How has everyone been? 

Thoughts? 

If you haven't noticed I love British accents...