13. Two evils

Song: Señorita -Shawn Mendes, Camila Cabello

"Let's catch up. Take our clothes off. Stare at each other." Chuck Bass, Gossip Girl.

Thanks for all the well wishes! 

***

"Drink," He lix says. We were currently at a club, apparently day clubs existed, and this was one. However, this was a member only club that only members could get into or people who come with members. Hence why I was able to get in.

"Is this alcoholic?" I ask to which he leans in and replies, "What do you think?" A smirk against his lips.

"No thank you," I say pushing it back to him. He chuckles. "What if it isn't alcoholic?" He asks making me doubt myself. He raises a brow; I glance at the drink once more then at him. He shrugs and I shake my head. "Not taking the chance," I say and push it away.

He chuckles. "Are you sure you really want to apologize?" he asks. "I do, but not by drinking. I don't drink," I say.

"Interesting, Cos you're Christian?"

"That too," I say to which he grins.

"That just makes me want to make you drink even more," he says.

"Of course, it does. You're the snake," I say to which he laughs heartily, it was rich and deep, reminding me of summer ultimately causing me to smile. "Well then," he says and sits straight putting on a serious face as if getting in character.

"Eve, you do realize Jesus made water wine, right?" He says with a seductive tone. I grin and reply, "But he didn't drink it," I reply.

"But how do you know that? You were not there, he may have drunk it and it just wasn't written," he says leaning even closer with a low tone.

"Get behind me Satan!" I say pushing him away to which we both burst into fits of laughter.

"Fine, if you don't drink it then you have to make it up to me. Remember I still haven't accepted your apology and you do owe me one," he says making me suspicious that he gave up so easily.

He chuckles and lightly places his hands against my cheeks. "You're funny, in a cute way," He says to which I move his hands away and smile, "Fine, what do I do to make it up to you apart from drinking?" I ask.

He leans back as if in thought and looks around. He pauses and breaks into a grin making me nervous.

"Dance," he says.

"Dance?" I ask to which he nods and points at the filled dance floor.

"I don't... I start. To which he interrupts.

"You've denied me as a friend twice. I gave you the chance to apologize by drinking you refused, now I give you something easier and you're still rejecting it. I don't know...makes me think you don't really mean the apology, friend,' He says.

I let out a deep breath and glance at the dance floor. It was that or drinking. "Fine," I say and walk over to the dance floor my steps getting slower as I get closer. Goodness Hestia what are you thinking? You're about to disgrace yourself.

I walk over and stand next to some folks. I glance around unsure what to do. Seeking guidance form the folks actions I look over to where we were seated and notice Helix seated and watching me a smile on his face and the drink in his hand half leaning back. I make a pleading face but he shrugs. I groan and look around. How on earth was I to dance? Everyone seemed to have a partner or a group they were dancing with. Wouldn't it be strange to just solo dance? Should I ask someone to dance with me? I look around, no one seemed "free". My fingers picks at my thumbs nail bed. I turn around and use my left hand to rub my right arm. Looking around I notice eyes staring at me and decide to turn around and flee from the scene when I feel arms hug me from behind. I steel.

"Relax, take a deep breath," I hear the familiar voice of Helix low and almost enchanting say next to my ear as my heart beat picks up.

"Close your eyes and take deep breaths," he says interlacing our fingers. I take a deep heavy breath and then another.

"You're safe," he says and rubs the side of his face against mine.

"Now Dance," he says attempting to sway my body.

"I can't," I reply. "Can't you just accept my apology?" I ask.

"Too easy, I mean you did deny me twice, you can always drink too," he whispers into my ear his voice sending shivers down my body as I'm enveloped with the scent of spring mixed with honey reminding me of the scent of Unstoppables. This was dangerous.

I quickly turn around, "Fine, I'll dance," I say delinking form him to which he raises a brow in slight surprise. I move to the left and the right. Helix chuckles and wraps his hands around my waist pulling me to his chest.

"What are you..."

"Let me show you how," he says in my ears and takes my hands, placing it on both sides of his shoulders. Bringing me face to face with him. He stares into my eyes and smiles causing me to also smile as I stare back into his eyes.

He was handsome, so handsome. He had a force that pulled me to him making it hard to look away. It was easier to assume what you'd do in my situation. I would probably say I'd leave and push him away. But I had never actually come face to face, wrapped in the arms of someone as devilishly handsome as Helix whose eyes seemed to focus on only me. How do you push such a beautiful creation away? It was harder that I'd have thought.

Instead, somehow, I found my body moved to the rhythm, directed by Helix, while our eyes stayed trained on each other drowning in the ocean of each other's stares. His eyes come down to my lips briefly and then my eyes. I feel the touch of his hands at the small of my back lightly caressing as his face gets closer and my nostrils is field with his scent that flows to my brain seemingly playing tricks with my head. I could only see him, and I was like a metal unable to ignore the magnetic pull he evoked as my head also moves closer. Our lips come so close that all that's any slight move forward and they'd be against each other.

***

Lol all I have to say is don't throw stones, it's easy to throw stones when you are not in Hestia's shoes. I'd like to believe I'd have pushed him away but until I am in her shoes and do it, there's always a chance I might not. You never fully know tough you'd like to believe you do.