32. Self destruct

"Looks like Chuck and Blair showed up with quite an appetite. For destruction, that is," - Gossip Girl

Song:Look what you made me do - Taylor Swift

***

"That's what you've say, but Hestia I need solid proof for a such a huge claim," Professor Kay says. "Do you have any?" She asks to which I stay silent. I didn't.

"I do," A familiar voice calls out to which we all turn to the sight of Helix and Naz. Behind them are Sara and Sally who must have followed after me and a group of other students.

"Helix?" I say shocked to see him. How'd he find out about this? Wait, I pause recalling the fact that he was with me and read the paper the night before. He could vouch for me!

"That's right, Helix read the paper I wrote the night before I submitted it. He can vouch for me," I state feeling so much better.

"Vouch for you?" Brian says and chuckles. Helix leans against Naz with his right arm on his shoulder, and his cheek over his fisted palm. As he looks intently at Brian with a smirk.

"Professor Kay, you might be unaware of this, but he was just caught cheating in an exam." Brian says.

"Cheating?" The professor says shocked.

"He didn't cheat, that was a misunderstanding," I quickly intercede.

"A misunderstanding?" Brian says and chuckles. I look at Helix worried, however he has an amused look on his face, as if this was about some other individual and not him. "Professor Kay, he has an upcoming disciplinary committee hearing. Surely, you won't put place weight on the words of someone with such a questionable character over mine?" Brian asks looking like he'd faced an unjust act.

"Hestia, I'm truly sorry. However, just his words won't be enough, I need something concrete," Professor Kay says. "Considering the weight of your claims, I truly do need concrete evidence," she says.

"I agree with you," Helix says befuddling me. Where was I to get that?

"Hestia how did he get your work?" Helix asks with a serious expression. I recount want occurred. "If what you say is true shouldn't you have a copy on your laptop?" Brian says.

"I did, but you deleted it!" I exclaim feeling aggrieved.

He scoffs. "First, she calls me a cheat, then says the proof is gone and deleted by me. Hestia, if you are going to throw allegations, please make them believable. I don't know what I ever did to you to deserve such vitriol," Brian says looking genuinely hurt. My mouth gapes open at the words and acting. OMG he could totally win an Oscar with this acting!

"You're pretending, Professor Kay, he's pretending. I [promise I really did write the paper," I say feeling tears beginning to well up.

"If a promise was sufficient then why would we need courts? People like you would just go about throwing false allegations against innocent folks like me" Brian exclaims looking equally aggrieved. I was not insane, I really wrote this paper. Why was he making it seem like I was? I immediately glance at Helix feeling helpless as my eyes well up with tears and I feel my throat begin to constrict.

"Don't you dare cry Hestia Raymond, at least not over this idiot," Helix replies a sharp look of quiet rage on his face.

"Did you just call me an idiot?" Brian asks looking extremely offended.

"What made you think so?" Helix says and smirks. "It wasn't my intention, however I'm also not one to stop a person from self-identifying with who they really are," Helix finishes with a smile on his lips to which Naz bursts into laughter and Brian has a look of murder on his face.

"That's enough," Professor Kay says wanting to quench the fire. "Hestia, I'd really like to help you if what you say occurred, really did. However, you'd need to prove it with solid evidence. Brian has been my assistant for the past two years and has had a stellar character,"

"What a wonderful judge of character you are," Helix says snidely to which Naz chuckles. Professor Kay ignores him and continues, "Therefore, I need something solid to believe otherwise,"

"Sounds reasonable," helix says making me confused, wasn't he on my team? "Hestia, can I have your laptop?" Helix asks. While confused at why he wanted it when the data was already gone, I still hand it over to him. Realizing I had no other option.

He walks over to the desk and places it on the table. He starts pressing the keyboard. Curious I walk over behind him.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"Restoring your files," Helix says lackadaisically,

"You can do that?" I ask surprised. To which Professor Kay and Brian look at Helix intently.

"That's like basic stuff for Helix," Naz quips.

My heart soars filled with renewed hope as I glance at Brian. Who had on a worried look.

"That doesn't prove anything, Professor Kay if he's a hacker he might just move the documents to her computer," Brian says causing me to raise an eyebrow, a hacker? Way to try to feed another negative image in Professor Kay's mind, He was a genius alright, at lies and manipulation!

"From your computer?" Naz asks sounding like he'd heard something truly incredulous.

"Yes," Brian replies.

"and how does he know your IP?" Naz asks looking genuinely irritated.

"How am I supposed to know that?" Brian replies sounding equally annoyed.

"Exactly, then shut up," Helix says and looks at Professor Kay. "Do you know Professor Lee of the computer engineering department?" Helix asks.

"Of course, he's in charge of assisting the university come up with a lot of solutions for our system plans," Professor Kay replies.

"If you don't trust me, you can call him and ask about the process of restoring a computer's history. However, I can guarantee that what I am about to do, does not and cannot do what the brianless idiot claims. Additionally, I shall restore two versions,"

"Two versions?" Professor Kay asks taking a step forward. Helix nods.

"One would be the one submitted and the other shall be from the day prior to its submission, precisely at 6pm,"

6pm, the day prior? Oh, that was around the time when I was in the library with Helix.

"An edit the day before? What difference does a draft the day before make?" She asks.

"When you read it, you'll get why," Helix says and proceeds to start typing against the computer. Worried I'd affect him, I walk over to the opposite side and stand next to Professor Kay, Brian and Naz patiently praying.

After a few minutes a smile appears across his lips. "You did it?" I ask noticing.

Everyone looks at him, but he looks Brian straight in the eye and smirks, proceeding to wink.

I turn to glance at Brian. However, I'm shocked when he lunges forward grabs the laptop and flings it against the wall. We collectively let out an audible gasp.

***

Look what you made him do~