19. Details

So not sure if I didn't save it or there was a glitch but I lost what I wrote for last week and got so frustrated I couldn't rewrite it. Hence the lack of an update. So sorry, I tried rewriting it but it's not as good :). However here's the update and sorry about the wait. Also happy thanksgiving!

Summer is coming to a close. And as everyone knows, Paris—like the Upper East Side—empties out in August. Leaving behind only the tourists and the dreamers, lamenting the imminent return to real life.- XOXO Gossip girl

Song: 7 days - Craig David

***

I push Helix away causing him to almost fall.

"The fuck?!" He exclaims as I state. "Jen?" I was shocked not at seeing her here as I knew she worked in the hospital. Instead, I was shocked she was on duty today and had just seen us kiss. Jen was a big gossip; this was bound to be all over campus within minutes unless I get it in order.

She looks surprised before breaking into a grin and giving me a look that seemed to say, "I told you so,"

Our last conversation comes to mind.

"He is extremely hot, rich and smart. However, Helix doesn't date, he flirts but he never ever commits. Like EVER. You're a girl who'd hope for more, you can't keep up with him Hestia,"

"You say that like I'm interested in him. We're just friends,"

"That's how it always starts,"

"Your friend?" She asks gesturing to Helix as if half mocking me and half awaiting an introduction, which was the last thing I wanted to do.

"Jen, are you leaving or coming?" I ask anxiously.

"Leaving why?" She asks looking amused.

"Can I pitch a ride?" I ask and quickly grab her hand pulling her away not awaiting an answer and not looking back as I leave Helix behind.

"I think you just might be the first girl ever leave Helix standing alone in the rain after a kiss," she states.

"He'll survive and It's not raining," I reply continuing forward with no idea where her car is, just knowing I needed to be as far away from Helix as possible.

"Same difference," she says about to turn her head back.

"Don't you dare!" I exclaim pulling her hands and moving forward to which she chuckles and nods, "Okay, I won't look I promise," She says sounding amused.

After walking and turning as far enough as possible and I believe is a safe distance. I pause and lean against a car releasing a deep breath.

"Hestia you kissed him!" Jen exclaims as she's freed from my grip.

"Announce it t the world why don't you!" I reply and realize whom I am speaking to. "Actually don't, Jen can you promise me you won't tell another soul?" I ask worried.

"Only if you promise to tell me all the details,"

"What details? There's nothing to tell," I state adamantly.

She moves as if returning to where we'd left Helix I quickly block her path with outstretched arms.

"Jen!' I exclaim in freight.

"Hestia, you do not go around kissing Helix and state there's nothing to tell. Spill the beans or I'll have him spill it for you," she says and folds her arms across her chest.

"Jen!" I exclaim looking around. Praying no one heard.

"Are you seriously worried about getting caught? Dude, you were down his throat in front of the freaking employee entrance," She says looking flabbergasted.

My face is immediately filled with horror at the realization.

"I hate you" I say to which she winks.

"Nah, you love me," she replies chuckling as she hooks her arms in mine and pulls me along. "Come on, I need to hear all the juicy details on how we got to this point from we are just friends," she says pulling me in an opposite direction.

                         After detailing the entire story Jen has the biggest grin on her face in silence.

"What?" I say nervously.

"Nothing, I'm just quite impressed. I mean Helix got you of all people to kiss him. Not just anywhere Hestia, but in public. Now either you're easier to get than we all thought or boy has he got some insane skills," She says to which I smack her arm.

"I am not easy!"

"Sure, tell that to the girl who was tonguing him by the employee entrance," She says.

"Oh stop saying it like that," I say placing my hands over my ears to which she chuckles.

"But the real question is was it good?"

"Was what good?"

"The kiss dummy!"

My mind is immediately filled with images of the kiss as my finger lightly trails my lips.

"Oh, my goodness Hestia you're smiling form ear to ear!" Jen exclaims jumping on the couch of my dorm rooms living room.

"I am not," I say immediately moving my hades away and putting on a serious face.

"But for real though, I'd heard so many rumors about his skills, just make sure you use protection when you do the deed,"

"I am sleeping with Helix!" I exclaim earning a blank stare from Jen.

"Do I need to remind you of your words a while back?"

"No, we're good," I say raising my hands to which she chuckles.

"Jokes aside, you do know he isn't being serious right?" She asks with a serious voice.

I stare back into her eyes and exhale. My head knew he wasn't, but my heart wished otherwise. 

***

Happy Thanksgiving! If you observe it, how did you spend it?