14. Reunion(s)

"I would be in my cabana at the Hotel de Cat, and there he would be. Amid all the fireworks on Bastille Day, all I could see what that... Chuck Bass-tard." Blair Waldorf ,Gossip Girl

You're my best friend -The Once

***

"Helix!" A voice calls out bringing me to my senses and causing me to pull away. I let out a deep breath of relief thankful for the interruption. I'd almost kissed Helix. It was the second time we'd ever met and yet I almost kissed him, either he was really good at seduction or I was a bigger fool than I realized.

"Hey Leo," Helix says reaching out to greet the guy.

'Excuse me, I need to use the restroom," I say to Helix and leave heading to the restroom needing to be away from him to get my senses back in order.

Once in the restroom, I slap myself lightly twice and walk over to the sink. Seriously Hestia? Seriously? I shake my head and turn on the tap. I let the water run over my arms and glance at the mirror the feel of the water against my hands reigniting my sense and reminding me of whom I was and why I shouldn't be here.

"I heard Helix is here," I hear a girl say as she walks in on the phone. I raise my eyes and look at her from the mirror.

"He looks smashing hot. I'm going to do the world a favor and try going home with him tonight," she says and giggles as she walks into a stall.

I clean my hands with a paper towel and head back out. My eyes fall on Helix leaning close to a girl and whispering something to her.

Jen's words flow back into my mind.

He is extremely hot, rich, and smart. However, Helix doesn't date, he flirts but he never ever commits. Like EVER. You're a girl who'd hope for more, you can't keep up with him Hestia

I smile to myself. She was right and I was wrong. Helix was experienced in these things I wasn't I couldn't keep up with him as evidenced by my coming so close to kissing him.

This guy was an expense my heart could not afford. I let out a deep breath and turn headed for the exit.

                The next day after class i head over to Kard hospital where I had just gotten a job as a Certified Nursing Assistant for the transport tea, also known as a CNA. My job entailed taking patients to their appointments. I had done my orientation and was officially starting today with my on the job training. I hadn't heard from Helix since i left. I had texted him stating I was leaving, but never got a response. i wasn't sure if he was mad or too "busy" with his "friends" to reply but he never did and I tried not to be bothered that he didn't care to reply.

After arriving and asking the receptionist for assistance in informing my manager I had arrived I walk to a seat where the Receptionist asked me to sit and wait to be picked up. While I wait, I go over my instagram posts and reels. 

"Hestia Raymond?" I hear a light male voice call out and look up from my phone.

"Yes," I say getting up and pause as I take in the face of the guy in front of me.

"Steven, Steven Ritch?" I ask slightly unsure.

"Hestia Raymond?" He says his eyes gleaming.

"Oh my goodness!' I exclaim and quickly place my hands over my mouth as folks around turn to look at us.

"I thought it was you, but I wasn't sure," Steven says moving in for a hug and pausing as I lean back reflexively.

"I'm sorry, I don't do hugs," I say cringing in realization of what I'd just done.