Chapter 38 - Mexico

I traced my finger along the scar that ran from the left side of my face down my jaw and across my neck. 
It had been a few weeks since the Oni had slashed my face, my mind had nearly forgotten the pain I felt but every once in a while when I focused on the scar too much, it comes flooding back. Flashes of Allison in Scott's arm, the blood seeping down my neck, the feeling like I was going to be sick and how my heart ached for the loss of my friend. I spent these last weeks either with Lydia, Scott, Argent or by myself. I needed time to not move on but to cope, cope with the loss of Allison and Stiles. Sure Stiles wasn't gone but the relationship we once had was and with Malia starting school with us and their relationship getting stronger, we weren't going to be the same. He's tried to speak to me a few times, hitting my window constantly to get my attention but unlike before I always kept my curtains closed. I used to peak through my window, checking on him, wanting to make sure he was okay but when I saw Malia in his room for the fifth time in a row I avoided the window all together.

Scott, Lydia and I be and so close, we were like a support group for each other. We all lost Allison, Scott took it the hardest but it he tried not to show it. Melissa would tell me how she would hear him crying late in the night when she would sleep till the early morning when she'd wake up. I hated myself for a while, I hated how I didn't make any effort with her before she died. We were both busy but there were times where I could've gone to visit her or Argent and I didn't. Argent has been helping me heal from that one, he understood why I didn't and said Allison would to. We has so much to tell each other and now it's just words left unsaid. I wish I could tell her that we won, that we did it.

It was spring break, I was back in England. I thought it'd be best for me to be away from everything, from the memories of Allison and Stiles. Everyone here treated me like I was fragile, they could tell I was different but I wasn't the weak girl I was when I left England. I was stronger, braver, my eyes were different but that didn't mean I was weaker yet that's how everyone here saw me as. My mum tried to convince me not to go back, she couldn't stop looking at my scars and I knew what she was thinking about them. What everyone was thinking, the locals, I saw how they whispered to each other when I walked past. How sad and tragic it was, how they felt pity for me and the girl they thought I'd become but I didn't care because they didn't know me or what I had been through. Tomorrow I will be going back to Beacon Hills to finish the last week of summer break with my friends.

My fingers left my skin and I moved away from the mirror on my mums vanity.

"Emily, lunch is ready", my mum shouted at me from downstairs.

"Coming".

My mum spent the whole time again trying to convince me to stay. She said I didn't seem like myself but little did she know I was more myself than ever before. Beacons Hill was my home, I can't go back to England, not now anyway. She would never understand that no one would, because they don't know about the supernatural.

The flight home was the worst, I'm sure it was my excitement to go home that made it feel long but I hated it. I felt irritated, I couldn't stop fidgeting.

"You good?" A low voice came from beside me. I looked over to see the boy sitting next to me. Of course I had noticed him when he sat down next to me, his bright blue eyes, strong jaw, floppy golden brown hair and broad shoulders I had even noticed the light freckles dusted around his nose. My cheeks had reddened when he glanced over at me so I made sure not to look at him again, I haven't felt like that in a while and all it did was remind me of Stiles. This boy was conventionally attractive, I wouldn't be surprised if he was a model. I felt embarrassed that he had noticed my fidgeting.

"I'm fine", I replied bluntly. I wasn't normally this rude to strangers but him reminding me of Stiles made me automatically have something against him.