chapter 5 - Licking My Wounds

Derek's minions left, with Derek leaving soon after, he was chasing after Jackson. Stiles got the bandages out of his jeep and gave them to me and left with Scott to chase after Derek but not before apologising that he couldn't help me put it on. Allison took Lydia and I home, the whole journey back Lydia was freaking out and wanting explanations. I was just so tired, I sat in the back seat and rested my head against the back window and watched the world go by. I could barely focus on anything my eyes just kept involuntarily closing.

"Hey Emily we are here", Allison's voice woke me up. I looked out the window to see my house across the street.

"Oh sorry I fell asleep", I rubbed my eyes and got up. "Thank you for the lift, I'm glad you're safe Lydia let's talk about this tomorrow okay?" Lydia just nodded her head and smiled softy.

"Sounds good, good night Emily", Allison said before I opened the door and got out of the car.

I snuck quietly into the house, praying that my dad didn't catch me sneaking into my room. He didn't thankfully. I replied Stiles' hoodie and took my jeans off, I tried my best to hold in my moans of pain. I then got the bandages that Stiles gave me and wrapped it around the scratches.  I finished getting ready for bed before finally crashing onto my bed and sleeping.
When I woke up in the morning, I felt too drained and exhausted to go to school, I hardly slept last night with everything that was on my mind and my leg was throbbing all night. I put my dressing gone on to hide my bandaged leg, I then went downstairs to inform my dad that I wouldn't be going to school. He wasn't happy that it was my first week at school and I was already missing a day, I had a track record of skipping school. However, after some protest he gave up and let me have my day off. So I went back upstairs, jumped into bed and went back asleep.
I didn't sleep for much longer only an hour or so which is unfortunate as I will still tired when I woke up but my body wouldn't allow me to go back asleep so I decided to get up. I went in the shower to wash myself up I still had blood down my leg, it had dried up now and I had to scrub some off which pulled on the scratch causing some parts to open back up. I finished showering, I got ready to bandage my leg back but I hesitated. I stroked the area around the scratch on my leg, as I got closer to the opened areas pain pinched my skin. It looks like an animal attacked me, maybe an animal did attack me... are werewolves animals ? Isaac doesn't look like an animal, but werewolf Isaac had claws and canines. I had always believed in the super natural, I always loved conspiracy theories and believed most of them. I'm shocked but not surprised that werewolves do exist. Jackson being a lizard man... thing that did surprise I've never heard of anyone being a lizard. There was some weird guy from my town back home that I always thought was a werewolf he just acted so animal like, when he would get angry his veins would turn black I always assumed it was a medical condition. My finger moved over a little bump on a closed over part of the would, pulling me out of my thoughts. I fingered the area a bit more and it felt like something was stuck in there. Crap, I'm going to have to get this out. I opened the drawer under the sink and got a razor blade and a pair of tweezers. I sat on the toilet, turn on the flash on my phone and place my phone on the sink with the flashlight hanging over the edge shining on my thigh. I held the razor tightly and with my other hand I pulled my skin back. I took a deep breath before moving the razor towards the bump. All of a sudden there was a banging on my front door, I dropped the razor.
"Sh*t", I said staring at the razor on the ground. The banging carried on so I put a pair of shorts and a oversized top on and ran downstairs. I opened the front door revealing who was banging my door... Stiles. "Oh hey Stiles, to what do I owe the pleasure?"

"Allison told me you weren't at school so I thought I'd come and check in on and see how your leg is doing", he said looking down to see my bare leg. "It looks better". I blushed as I watched him staring at my leg. I know he was just checking out my scratch but I couldn't help but feel flustered.