Chapter 46 - The Return to Eichenhouse

Here's a bit of backstory about Lydia's grandmother, Lorraine. Her and Lydia were extremely close, she would always read 'The Little Mermaid' to her and Lydia would insist on being called 'Ariel' because of it, so she called her Ariel no matter how much it drove Lydia's parents insane. Lorraine was in love with a woman named Maddy. One day she heard this sound like it was raining yet outside was blue skies. The sound got louder so she screamed, like a banshee. She called Maddy because she didn't feel like anything good could come from it and four days later Maddy's body was found, she died in a boating accident. She didn't understand how she knew that something bad was going to happen. She got in touch with parapsychologists, they created the study in lake house to try but that didn't work so she got more extreme occult's, things like mediums and psychics. All of them were failures until she found Meredith. A girl who also didn't understand the things she was hearing. She was brought to the study and experimented on her causing her to have a seizure and almost die. Meredith was hospitalised for over a year after that she was deemed insane and was sent to Eichenhouse. Lydia thinks her grandmother was a banshee and that she created the codes for dead pool. She left Lydia a message in the same code. That's all the information Lydia told me about her grandmother and how she might link to the deadpool. I think I got most of it, whether I understood it or not.

"Nope that's not it", Lydia shook her head.

We were in Stiles' room, we've spent the last hour trying to find the fourth cipher key for the code Lorraine had left Lydia. It's got to the point where Lydia is just writing anyone's name in. She even tried my name which made me audibly sigh with relief when it didn't work.

"The code was left for you, so you're supposed to figure this out", Stiles rubbed his hand across his face.

"But no one else is, which is why she made it so hard", Lydia explained.

*beep* the printer had an error message, it was out of paper.

"Oh my god", Stiles exasperatingly grabbed a bunch of paper and shoved it into the printer. The printer made a whirring sound as it accepted the paper. "You...", he chewed on the inside of his cheek. "No one else. No one else but you?"

"Stiles what are you on about?" I asked.

"Our guesses they're all about everyone else none of them have been about you".

"Me?" Lydia took her eyes away from the screen and looked at Stiles. "What about me?"

"What do you remember doing with your grandmother?"

"Yes, I think Stiles is onto something", I chimed in. "You mentioned that she used to read The Little Mermaid with you. Why don't you try that?"

"Okay", Lydia she but she didn't sound like she believed it would work. She typed Little Mermaid into the bar, she clicked enter and an error noise came from the computer. She took the word little out and entered again yet the same happened.

"What about Ariel?" I remember what Lydia told me about her grandmothers nickname for her.

Lydia slowly typed the word in. She pressed enter and it felt like forever for it to process. When it finally did, it wasn't what I expected. Instead of the error message there was a chime. It was correct. The code started to turn from symbols into letters. It was the final part of the deadpool. No one that we knew were on there other than Lydia's grandmother. The printer started to suck up pieces of paper and print the deadpool onto them. Stiles went over to it and grabbed the piece of paper from the top of the pile. "Guys we need to call Scott".

It was an already dead deadpool. The names on the list were people who were already dead, we checked with Parrish who confirmed they all committed suicide at Eichenhous within the last ten years. So the next logical thing to do would be to go there and get answers. I had only been to Eichenhouse once, when we were looking for Stiles. It was a place I never wanted to visit again, it haunted me. I sent Alfie a quick text letting him know I wouldn't be making it to the bonfire tonight. I told him I was ill, I hope he doesn't drop by my place and find I'm not there. Scott wasn't answering his phone, he was already at the bonfire with Malia and Liam. We will have to catch him up on everything tomorrow.