Chapter 24 - Emotional Tethers

The plan was in motion, Stiles and I went to school as normal, looking out for Morell and Lydia. I stood in the girls bathroom, looking at myself in the mirror, my attention brought to the ligature mark around my neck. I tried to cover it up with makeup but nothing I tried worked, so I gave up. My finger traced the line across my neck, I winced as I applied to much pressure onto it. The door swung open and a group of giggling girls walked in. They stopped when they noticed me, their eyes focused on my neck. "Wild night", I commented before pushing past them and walking out of the bathroom, leaving them confused.

"Hey, you good?" Stiles asked when I walked out of the bathroom, he was leaning against the wall, waiting for me.

"Yeah I'm fine, I just didn't realise how noticeable the mark on my neck is". I pushed my hair forwards over my shoulders, covering my neck. "I'm also not used to having so much attention on me, everyone keeps staring".

"Ignore them, they just love to have something to talk about".

"Easier said than done", I muttered. The sound of heels clipping the floor became louder, I looked up to see Lydia walking towards us. "At least I have Lydia and I have each other to go through this".

Her hair was up, exposing her neck, she kept her focus on us as she acting like she didn't notice the glances from the other students. "Emily, you're okay!" The petite girl embraced me, she squeezed tightly, her strength surprising me. "I was so worried about you, everything happened in a blur. I'm sorry I couldn't be there for you".

"Don't be silly, a lot happened that night".

"Yeah like Scott turning to the dark side", Stiles said, looking around the hallway making sure that no one was listening.

"What do you mean?" Lydia questioned.

"He's with Deucalion".

"Why would he go with him?"

"He thinks he has a better chance at saving everyone if he's with Deucalion". Stiles bit down on his bottom lip as he shook his head, still frustrated at Scott's decision.

"So what's the plan?"

"This is where you come in, we think you can help us find them and I think Miss Blake knows this. She knows what you are and what you're capable of. She said you were a banchee or something I can't fully remember..." I began but was soon interrupted by Lydia.

"Banshee. She called me a Banshee. She was surprised by it, what if that's not why she tried to kill me?"

"Then why did she?" I asked confused, I was certain Miss Blake was killing Lydia because she would be able to find them. "What if you already know where they are?"

"That's what we need to find out".

A vibration came from Stiles' pocket, he stuffed his hand in his pocket and grabbed his phone. His eyes widened as he read a text, he fingers slowly beginning to shake. I placed one of my hands on his back and used the other to take the phone of his hands. I read the text that appeared on the screen, it was from Isaac. "Jennifer took Allison's dad".

"We are running out of time", Stiles said, panic raising in his voice.

"We have time Stiles. Let's go and find Morell and get some information from her". I suggested he nodded his head lightly. Lydia and I lead the way to the Guidance counsellors office, Stiles trailing closely behind. His breathing became steady once we reached the office, the door was closed but that didn't stop us from bursting in. A girl was sat in the seat opposite an empty desk, Ms. Morell wasn't there. "Are you here for Ms. Morell?" I asked the girl.