Chapter 7 - The Past

"You've got to stop getting yourself hurt", Stiles said as he drove me home.

"I don't exactly want to get hurt, I'm just not used to being around supernatural beings and defending myself around them".

Stiles hands were placed at the top of his steering wheels and he rubbed his thumbs together. "Yeah I know, maybe you can speak to Allison I'm not the best when it comes to fighting".

"You're not so bad but you're probably right". I turned my attention to the forest outside, I watched as the trees flew by. The moon shone threw the trees it looked like there was going to be a full moon soon. I wonder what that means for werewolves.

"You're okay though right ?" He asked sincerely putting his hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah my head just hurts", I rested my head against the head rest, Stiles moved his hand up my neck and put his fingers toward the back of my head and with his thumb, rubbed my cheek. I smiled at this sweet gesture. Sadly we were coming up to a red light so he had to take his warm hand off of my face and stop the car. My cheek tingled where his thumb just was as I longed for him to touch me again.

"You were passed out for some time, I was worried about you". The light turned green and the car started again.

"You were worried about me?" I turned my head to face him. He rubbed his nose then went back to twiddling his thumbs. "Are you okay".

"Yeah of course I am why wouldn't I be?" He nervously shrugged his shoulders.

"Well I've just noticed that you're fidgeting a lot", I said making him realise what he's doing. He moved his hands away from each other.

"Sorry, it's just frustrating. I just wish there was something I can do to stop these deaths from happening, I try my best but nothing I do works and I feel lost". His voice was quiet as he opened up to me.

"You're doing the best you can, sometimes horrible things happen and most people just let them happen as they're too scared to get involved but you and your friends, you're so brave putting yourselves at risk trying to save people's lives. I know you feel lost right now, but surely something happened tonight that can bring you a step closer to stopping him". I tried my best to reassure him, the car fell silent as he thought for a second.

"Actually there is, we are getting closer to finding out who Jackson's master is and why he is murdering people", his eyes lit up before he carried on "also the master can control Jackson and take over his body and unwillingly change him into his lizard form".

"Master?" I asked. I always feel like I'm ten steps behind with this stuff.

"Yeah sorry I forgot to tell you basically Jackson is a Kanima and he is controlled by a master who is using him as a murder weapon", he explained which confused things more for me. It took me a while to wrap my head around what Stiles had just told me and by the time I had he had parked out outside of his house.

"Thank you for the ride again Stiles, I've got to say this jeep is winning me over, once I pass my driving test I might get one". I teased. Stiles grinned widely as I unbuckled my belt and got ready to get out of the car. I didn't want to just get out of the car, I wanted more especially after the moment we had earlier. I could tell he felt the same too as we both awkwardly sat there glancing at each other every once in a while. "I should get going, don't want to keep my dad waiting up".

"Uhh yeah of course". He turned his body to face me,  I slowly leaned in to wrap my arms around his neck to hug him goodbye, he had the same idea and was moving his arms to my neck. We both giggled as our arms clashed. He moved his downwards and we pulled each other in. I felt his heart beat on my chest, it felt rapid and I'm sure as hell mine felt the same on his. We stayed this way for a few moments before I pulled back.