the cover of vogue

You were playing Phone Gartic with some friends you met on the messenger app. You giggled at their silly drawings. "You guys!! Stop making such drawings!" Your friend said, laughing. "Mikasa-san~ There's no need to worry. I'm sure Y/N will listen to you, but I won't.~" Ash cooed.

"No, I'll draw what I feel like drawing! Maybe.. Oh! Every generic Balugou x reader insert!" You said, looking at the web game in excitement.

"No! Y-You can't simply just draw that! Hey-" Armin stutters. "Ah.. Y/N. Don't do that." Yagami said. You giggled until you heard knocking on your door. "Sorry guys, my friends arrived. I'll message you guys later!" You said, hanging up, leaving the lobby and walking towards the door.

You opened the door, revealing Xiao. "Xiao! You're here early." You exclaimed, causing him to flush a little. "I'm just ready to occupy the nicest spot in your house.." He mutters, quickly walking in. You rolled your eyes playfully, closing the door behind you. Just as you closed it, you heard a loud crash coming from your door.

You opened it, and it was.. Paimon?! "Paimon? What are you doing here- Aren't you supposed to be with Lumine and Aether?" You said, cradling the toddler. "Paimon.. Paimon missed Y/N! So Paimon came over to visit." She said, happily. "Okay.. But I'm bringing you back to Aether and Lumine tomorrow. You can stay here for the night." You say, causing Xiao to flinch.

He was more emotional than usual. "Make yourself at home, I'll go get the sleeping bags." You say. "Do you need help?" He asks, looking at the back of your head. "No- Wait yes, take care of Paimon for me, will ya?" You say, gently shoving Paimon in his arms. Paimon pales.

Xiao sighs. "Why don't children like me.." He mutters, looking away from Paimon. Paimon's eyes widen. "N-No! Paimon is simply shy, that's all." She said, trying to gain Xiao's attention. Xiao smiled briefly, before waiting for you again.

"Hm.. Where did i leave those sleeping bags.." You said, looking around in the attic. (yes, you have a normal two story house with an attic and basement in this story; i tried to make it sound like an apartment but the sleeping will take place in the attic) "Ah, there they are!" You said, grabbing four sleeping bags. One for Zhongli, one for Hu Tao, one for Xiao and last but not least, one for you. You placed them on a carpet, while shoving some old boxes away.

You set up a tv and gaming console, and head back downstairs. You sighed, and when you walked back in the living room, Xiao and Paimon were peacefully sleeping. You smiled at this, and quickly took a picture of it, because then it would last longer.

Xiao woke up, and looked at you. He then looked at Paimon, who was sleeping next to him. He sighed, and cradled her. "Where are we sleeping?" He asked, looking at Paimon. "In the attic. I'll assume you'll find your way there." You replied, smiling. He blushed slightly and nods, slowly walking up the stairs.

You heard two different sets of knocking, so you made your way to the door. Hu Tao and Zhongli arrived, at last.

"Before you scream my name and hug me, Paimon's staying over. Xiao's taking care of her right now, and she's asleep." You say, winking. Hu Tao gasps and hugs you. "We can bury her!" She says, nuzzling into your chest. Zhongli sweatdrops a bit, but smiles. "Good afternoon, Y/N. Make sure not to overwork yourself." Zhongli said, before quickly towering over you, to give you a headpat.

Hu Tao lets go of you and turns to him, with probably a pleading face. He headpatted her as well. He moved over to the attic, like he exactly knew where to be.

"Hm? Y/N.. I caught you staring!~" Hu Tao says, nudging your shoulder. "Wh-What? I didn't stare at Zhongli.." You say, looking away.

"Ah? Are you sure? Then you're all mine!" She says, hugging you again. "Hu Tao, he-" You mumble, before looking at Zhongli. "Xiao, is the.. Sleepover taking place in the attic?" He says, loud enough for Xiao to hear. "Yeah, it is." Xiao responds. "Alright, I'm coming up." Zhongli said, before going up the final stairs.

"We should go with them." Hu Tao says, earning a nod from you. You quickly grab some pillows and extra blankets, before going up the stairs.

"It's time to scare everyone to death!" She excitedly said, going through her bag.

You were excited, it was your second sleepover with your classmates. Though, you had to admit, you wished Childe was there to see it happen. Or not, could be Scaramouche. They're awfully the same, aside that Scaramouche has a ridiculously big hat.

But still, you were happy that you were staying with your friends.