afraid of the dark

"Good for you, Y/N." Zhongli said, watching you cheer, then focusing on the screen. You were playing videogames in your attic, with the others. The game you were playing was Mario Party. Xiao was slightly furious that he lost, but happy that you won the minigame.

"Y/N! I'm second!" Hu Tao said, getting up, jumping up and down. Xiao and Zhongli were in a battle, fighting for third place. "How do I.." Zhongli mutters, confused. He truly didn't know anything.

Xiao eventually took this to his advantage, and robbed him from third place. Hu Tao threw some rose petals she had all over them. "Robbed! Y'hear me?" She said. (if you get the reference to drag race, hand in marriage) You laugh, before grabbing your own controller again.

"Hey, I know Just Dance though." Zhongli said, wiping his sweat away. "Alright, lets play that then!" You said, saving the game, and getting to your console. You removed the cable to this one, and put the one to a Nintendo Switch in.

(dont copyright me nintendo i love you)

You put a disc in for Just dance, and started it up. You gave everyone a controller, since you had two Switches. One belonged to your father.

"Alright, which song?" You asked, grinning. "Hmm.. Disco Body Parts!" Hu Tao cheered. "Yeah, what she said.." Xiao said, folding his arms.

(credit to the artists, Yung Bae and AWOLNATION)
(and yes ik the song isnt in just bear with me for now)

You got up, and followed your characters' dance. You were really good at this, and have always beaten your father when it came to this. You were old enough to remember everything you did.

Surprisingly enough, Zhongli matched your skill. Hu Tao was frowning because her score continued to variate. Xiao was fine with it, and matched an average score.

"Haah.. How do you guys do it?" Hu Tao gasps, trying to get air. The two of you kept going, still at a 100. "Experience.. Means everything." Zhongli pants, slowly crumbling apart.

"I would be excited to see them do a duet." Xiao comments, Hu Tao furiously nodding. "Yes! That would be so exciting!" Hu Tao replies, looking over at you. Your hair was shiny because of the sweat, and the soft sunlight applying to it. Hu Tao nudges Xiao's shoulder, and points to you. "She's so pretty.." She whispers, loud enough for only Xiao to hear.

Xiao hesitantly nods. The song ends, and you and Zhongli had equal scores. You wipe your sweat away. "That's something new, which song now?" You say, breathing slowly. "Gypsy Woman by Crystal Waters!" Hu Tao says, quickly turning it on.

"But this can only be played with two players, do you want to play?" You ask to Xiao and Hu Tao. Zhongli looks at you and then towards them. "No, we want to see you battle for the crown." Xiao sighs, smiling lightly. You nod, choosing the female character. Zhongli chose the male one.

"Please go easy on me.." You whisper to yourself. You took a deep breath, and did the secret your dad showed you. Simply do the entire dance, instead of simply moving around.

Zhongli had noticed this, and followed your lead.

'And she stands there, singing for money..'

The two of you pulled eachother, faces staring at the screen. He lets you do a twirl, still looking at the screen. The biggest flex of them all was that you can do a death drop at the end. Or better known as a dip, in Voguing language.

(so basically, you become laganja estranja in the season 6 entrance)

Little did Zhongli know, you mastered this song. This was your dads' favorite, so you played it often. The ending approached, and then you did it. You dropped to the floor. Zhongli followed, and you heard an 'Umpf' from him.

Zhongli got a 'Good' for the drop, while you got a Perfect. Hu Tao gasps in surprise, clapping. Xiao looks at it in awe, as you pant on the floor. "Well, Y/N.. That was interesting." Zhongli sighs, getting up. You followed, and dusted your clothes. "Movie time?" You asked, catching your breath. "Yes! Let me choose!" Hu Tao insisted, turning the Switch off. You all placed your controllers in a drawer.

"Y/N, do you need help?" Zhongli offers. "That would be great, thank you.." You said, opening the hatch. "And, just press the 'Netflix' button on the remote." You said, turning to the hatch again. Zhongli was already down. You got down slowly.

"Well, follow me." You said, going down the stairs again, to the kitchen. Zhongli did what he was asked, and stood there. "Alright, I need you to microwave the popcorn, while I'll get some water bottles from the fridge." You said, opening the fridge. "Which drawer?" He asked. "The one infront of you." You said, and he opens it. He grabs a bag of popcorn, and places it in the microwave.

He heated it up for thirty seconds. (im on summer vacation rn and i forgot how to write numbers in letters bye-)

"Y/N." Zhongli says, looking at you. You look towards him with a questioning look.

"What if.. We sort of held a dance competition during the cooking? Just us." He asked, smiling. "A dance competition? Well, if you insist.." You mumble, watching him grab his phone. He plays some classical song, which was a slight remix, but you've heard it before. It was everywhere on CloudSound. (help)

「helo」

You happily look at the amount of food on your counter. Popcorn that looked surprisingly rich, muffins with an attracting scent, and water with surprising flavors. You give Zhongli a high five, but he hugs you instead. "That was nice. We should do that dance competition more often." He said, rubbing your back. "Zhongli, are you a popstar?" You ask, trying to look up at him. "Maybe."

Looks like you'll never know.