𝔓𝔢𝔯𝔰𝔦𝔰𝔱𝔦𝔫𝔤 ℜ𝔬𝔰𝔢𝔱𝔱𝔞

"Okay, you want to know what's wrong, Scarlett?" You were taken off-guard by her sudden anger. She looked at you with her fierce eyes and suddenly took her knife out of the cardboard. Your eyes were wide.
"I'm what you call a Vampire, a bloodsucking freak, and I am starving." She said enthusiastically before smoothly drawing the knife right at the side of your neck. It all happened too fast to understand what was going on. Suddenly she was against you and you let out a yelp when you felt her chomp into your wound.
"AGH!" You cried out in pain. Suddenly the bloody knife she held dropped out of her hand and she released your neck, staring at you wide eyed. There were tears in your eyes and Rosetta looked into them shocked. You wiped your tears, held your neck and ran away; Out of the library to the courtyard. The leaves were mostly still on the trees, but fall was coming so few of them fell to the ground. As you ran multiple heads snapped your way and you were terrified. What was Rosetta talking about? Vampires? The blood leaking onto your hand proved it to be true. You ran past a boy with silver hair and you heard him say,
"Angelina..."
"Oh my..."
You kept going, you were going to get out of this school. Suddenly the man who you saw before and a woman with very light brown hair with almost white streaks in it came in front of you.
"Miss, you need to be bandaged up right now!" The lady said in an urgent tone.
"Yeah, I can hardly resist..." The boy said.
The lady elbowed him harshly. You looked at them terrified. Suddenly you heard running behind you and a voice calling your name.
"Scarlett!" Rosetta ran basically lightning speed to you, you were too shocked and your eyes were wide. Yet you brought yourself to say,

A) "Stay away from me!!"
B) "What do you want?! To kill me?"

Rosetta looked upset for a split second.
"No, it's dangerous to be running around with an open wound here at Hemo Academy!" Rosetta yelled looking at you worried.
"She's right." The other lady said.
"Well this is your fault to begin with!" You shouted, tears daring to prick you eyes.
"Duke." The almost blonde woman said.
"Got ya." He answered and vanished. Suddenly he was back with bandages.
"Scarlett, I need you to sit down." The lady said. You were so scared but she seemed trustworthy, but then again, you thought Rosetta was trustworthy too. Reluctantly you sat down on a concrete bench. As the woman started bandaging you up you noticed many eyes on you. You felt a sense of danger and the tension was thick. Rosetta was staring at you, but you refused to look at her. You could tell she was hurt by it.
"Does she know the secret about the Academy?" The lady asked Rosetta. Rosetta silently shook her head no.
"Well, kind of..." She said glumly.
"Scarlett, my name is Angelina. I'm in grade twelve, this is Duke," The silver haired boy waved.
"He is also in grade twelve. I think it's about time you knew that you are attending a high school made for... Vampires." She said, and you flinched as she did up the bandaging. Your heart sped up and you were horrified.
"In this school there are half-blood vampires, and full-blood vampires. I'm a full-blood vampire, which means that I was turned by someone. Full-blood vampires are the only ones able to turn a human. Duke here is half-blood, because he was born a vampire by a human and a vampire. His human self is what makes him unable to transform you into a Vampire." She explained. Your eyes were wide as you listened.
"Does that mean..." You brought a hand up to your neck and you couldn't continue the rest. Rosetta spoke up.
"No, I haven't turned you! I'm a half-blood! I'm so sorry, Scarlett. I don't know what got into me. Please forgive me...!" She took your hands and held them, looking into your eyes, and you finally looked back.

A)"I...I don't know what to say."
B) "It's... alright...."

A) "Oh! Please Scarlett! I'll do anything to regain your friendship! The truth is... I've never had a friend like you!" She declared and Angelina watched her with a mix of disgust and sadness. Duke seemed slightly amused by the whole situation.
"Al... Alright." You said hesitantly.
"Thank you for giving me another chance. I don't know anyone like you!" She stated.
B) "Oh Scarlett... I promise I will try to make it up to you as soon as possible! Even so... Thank you for giving me another chance! I don't know anyone like you." She said and stood up. Angelina watched her with a mix of disgust and sadness. Duke seemed slightly amused by the whole situation.

"Well... At least now she knows. Duke, lets go. Please be safe, Scarlett." Angelina said and left with the tall guy. Rosetta looked at you with a sad expression. Your neck was all bandaged up. What were you going to tell your parents?
"Let's go..." You got up and left, her following behind.

Your project went great. Mrs. Verlice loved it, but that first assignment really set the bar for the rest of them. You were shocked at how high the standards were at Hemo Academy. The other students did just as Rosetta said they did, went all out, had everything required, and went the extra mile of making it fun. It seemed all the students were like this. However, now that you knew the schools secret, you just couldn't see anything the same anymore. You were super cautious, and you were aware that their stares were because you are food to some of them. You were always being watched by at least someone. You never left the Academy though, at Rosetta's request and the fact that your family and even friends put money into getting you into this school.

(Go to the chapter called 'Meeting Alex'.)