𝔒𝔣𝔣𝔢𝔯𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔱𝔬 ℜ𝔬𝔰𝔢𝔱𝔱𝔞

She turned her head to look at you. Her eyes were brighter and darker today.
"Well...I..."She tried to manage her words and while she was cutting the cardboard, she unexpectedly broke through to the other end, causing her to accidentally shoot her arm out and sliced your knee with the knife.
"Agh!" You closed your eyes in pain and held your bleeding knee. Rosetta's eyes went big and she instantly instructed you.
"Hurry, go! Get to the nurses office right now!" She said pushing you up, then she covered her mouth and nose. You were confused to why she wouldn't go with you but you just listened and rushed to the nurses office. Too bad it was on the second floor. Many heads shot at you as you went through the halls, and it made you extremely uneasy. You felt their prying eyes on you almost as if you were bait. You ran to the nurses door and pushed it open. You saw two people in there. A man in a black blazer, black pants, white bandages around his stomach, although that's not what he was in the nurses room for. He wore a black choker, light grey shirt, silver hair and silver lining on his jacket. He also had a clock at the side of his hip, attached by a chain. Beside him was the school nurse. She looked awfully young in your opinion. Her hair was long and an apricot pink colour. It was wavy and she was in a white nurses dress. They looked at you silently.
"Come sit down." The lady said in a soft and gentle voice, almost a whisper. You were taken aback but nodded and sat down next to the guy.
"That's a big one, I'll need to take a little of your time to fix this up." She said getting products out. You looked up at the boy beside you and you saw that he was staring at your leg intensely. It kinda creeped you out.
"I'm Scarlett." You introduced quietly. He peeled his eyes away from your knee and when his eyes connected to yours you felt a burst of fear and awe. His eyes were glowing with something. He felt sinister yet friendly and you couldn't put your finger on it.
"Duke. I better be going now. Take care." He said and quickly stood up, leaving the room.

A) "That was weird..." You muttered under your breath.
B) "What the..." You muttered under your breath.

The nurse looked at you quietly for a moment before speaking up.

"Are you a new student?..." She asked quietly. You looked down at her.
"Oh... Yeah." You say and wince at the pain of her tending to your cut.
"I see..." She mutters.
You look at her confused. After she bandaged it you got up ready to leave.
"Thank you very much." You say and bow your head to her.
"No problem. Stay safe." She said.
Stay safe? You repeated in your brain. When you walked out into the hall and turned the corner you saw Rosetta, but she wasn't alone. In fact, she was fighting another woman. The lady had very light brown hair, blond/whiteish streaks and tips, wore flowey silver star earrings and had an extra heart one on her right ear. Her dress was black, and just above the knees. However this is what stood out to you, her armour she wore. She had gold armour on her waist, silver armour rim on her chest, and gold armour shoulder plates. Why was she so tough? You watched with your mouth opened as they fought each other, looking like they were playing mercy.
"I... need to see her!" Rosetta yelled, like a hiss to the woman.
"You can't! You know it's dangerous!" The lady yelled back.
What are they fighting about? You thought to yourself. Suddenly Rosetta shot her head to you and so did the other lady.
"Scarlett!" Rosetta smiled.
"Go... Get out of here! Quickly! Go!" The other lady yelled at you. Your eyes were wide but the desperation in the strangers voice was too much, you felt like it was the right thing to do. Quickly you turned around and ran to your next class, which was an elective so you didn't see Rosetta for the rest of the day. During your elective you were just replaying the whole situation over and over again in your head.

It was now the next day. You spoke to Epiphany before entering your science class. You saw Rosetta already there, twenty minutes before the bell, and you were unsure of what to do. You were about to turn around when her eyes locked to yours. Too late now.

"Scarlett!" She called and before you knew it she was right before you. She stared deep into your eyes and you were forced to look into her bright unique ones.

A) "Y-Yeah?..." You stuttered, unsure of what else to say.
B) "That was freaky..." You comment, thinking about everything that has happened recently.
C) "What?" You question her.

A) "I... I really need to talk to you. I'm so sorry for what happened yesterday. It's time I explained. I'd rather you learn from me than someone else." She says.
B) "I know... and that's why we need to talk. I'd rather you hear it from me than someone else..." She says looking down at you with a concerned and serious expression.
C) "Hey I'm... I'm really sorry for yesterday. Let me explain to you okay? It's better that you find out from me than anyone else..." She says looking at you carefully.

"O... okay." You agree and she leads you out of the room to a black fancy bench in the hall. You watch her as she gathers up her words. What is going on? You think to yourself.
"Scarlett, this will probably come as a shock to you, but...." You watched your mysterious and usually relaxed friend struggle to spit out what was on her chest.
"Hemo Academy is a Vampire school." The words left her mouth and you were shocked, stunned, and unsure of what to say.
"You're serious?..." You hardly question. She nods her head.
"Yes... I am very serious. Yesterday you were in danger because of your wound; in fact, everyday you're in danger. There are two types of Vampires: Full-bloods and half-bloods. I am a half-blood. That means if I happened to bite you you wouldn't turn into... one of us... I was born a vampire. All half-bloods are... Because we were born from a human and a vampire. We are semi-immortal. My physical appearance will stop changing once I am twenty-five. However, my body will continue to feel the effects of age. We can still live to about 200 years as half-bloods. Full-bloods on the other hand have been bitten by other full-bloods, and they can live for however long unless killed some way. Whatever happens, it won't be age that kills a full-blood. Their physical appearance also stops changing at twenty-five unless they were bitten after that of course." She pours out in a stern manner. Heads turn to you and eyes watch as you're a human sitting out in the open. You suddenly feel very uncomfortable.
"How many are there of you...?" You dare to ask quietly.
"In this school about nine hundred and seventy of us are vampires..." She answers quietly, looking down at her hands, hair swooping over her face. You are shocked.
"I... I can't believe this... I need to get out of here..." You say to yourself. Quickly she looks at you.
"No! Please don't go! I really love having you around! I've never... had a human friend. My human self... my other side... has been neglected long enough... Especially when my father turned my human mother... I love your company! You'll be safe here as long as I'm around! Besides... Most of the vampires here are vegetarian... meaning they only drink animal blood. All the teachers are as well." She says and holds your hands tightly.
"Please stay here, with me at Hemo Academy." You look at her unsure of what to say. You're about to tell her you can't do it until you thought about your family and friends.
All the money they've chipped in to get you here, and all their wishes for your success. You can't discard that.
"Alright... I'll stay." You decide. Rosetta's eyes widen and her grip on your hand tightens for a second.
"Scarlett..." She hugs you tightly and you close your eyes. What have I gotten myself into?... You think to yourself as you hug her back.

Your project went great. Mrs. Verlice loved it, but that first assignment really set the bar for the rest of them. You were shocked at how high the standards were at Hemo Academy. The other students did just as Rosetta said they did, went all out, had everything required, and went the extra mile of making it fun. It seemed all the students were like this. However, now that you knew the schools secret, you just couldn't see anything the same anymore. You were super cautious, and you were aware that their stares were because you are food to some of them. You were always being watched by at least someone.

(Go to the chapter called, 'Meeting Alex'.)