Chapter 1

It was unthinkable.

Unbelievable.

In all of my experiences of living in Gensokyo and becoming friends with her, I never thought she would be the one to ultimately become the worst enemy of Gensokyo to ever exist.

I planted all of my hopes and dreams into her but kept to myself a part of me to carve my own path, but she changed.

I did not know how this happened, what was going on, why this was the way things had to be, but as our spell cards collided with one another, I soon realized that the how's and why's didn't matter anymore.

The bloody bodies of notorious youkai laid upon the floor, impaled and lifeless to the one who I called a friend - a heroine - the savior of Gensokyo.

But I should have known how foolish I was, thinking a fall from grace was entirely out of the question.

Originally, the ones who lived here believed that the first death was a gateway to immeasurable power, taking advantage of what they believed was a youkai going rogue.

And in their ignorance, they were killed off like worthless scrap trying to start a revolution. The entirety of Gensokyo was quick to pick up on this grisly sight, teaming up together to take her down.

There were many deaths suffered by her bloodthirsty hands, but now, with all of united together, maybe we can change all that.

And put an to end to this once and for all.

--

In the mystical land of Gensokyo, it was prominently known that when a youkai or other creature wanted to settle a dispute over anything, a battle of bullets was conspicuously chosen because it was the only means closest to violence.

When the sages Okina Matara, Yukari Yakumo, and Kasen Ibaraki created Gensokyo, they foresaw that malevolent creatures and whatnot may engage in frivolous violence that could lead to quietus and destruction of Gensokyo's well-being.

To preserve the state of Gensokyo and counteract those who superciliously believe they are above laws, the sages utilized their insurmountable power to enforce order and indoctrinate anyone who were welcomed into the landscape the supreme law of Gensokyo.

These inscribed, unchallengeable set of laws were strictly made to be obeyed, and those who dared to go against it would be met with swift punishment or potentially death should the need arise. Whilst the sages had their own sentiments, personality, and beliefs, they always concurred to take down anyone who flouted what was set in stone.

That is why Gensokyo had always remained peaceful - unencumbered from these threats that were dealt with accordingly before they had even occured.

However, Yukari Yakumo knew the incessant interference of Gensokyo's sages to dealing with those stirring pandemoniums would be tiresome. A meeting was held to discuss this conundrum in hopes of finding a being able to handle situations with ease and take a heavy burden off the shoulders of the sages, allowing them to alleviate their stress and deal with larger issues.

After all, they couldn't be expected to do all of the work.

That's when Yukari found Reimu Hakurei, the shrine maiden of the Hakurei Shrine, and a formidable combatant to any evildoers or occasional miscreants scattered throughout the vast landscape. Although Yukari was deemed untrustworthy to many residents of Gensokyo, the gap youkai was truly altruistic when the safety and security of Gensokyo was at stake.

After multiple incidents had been cleared up by the shrine maiden alone, Yukari pat herself on the back, pleased with her thoughtful decision to instead find one who will resolve these incidents.