Chapter 10

Pressing on, the shrine maiden was edging closer towards the preordained goal throughout the thickets of grass and trees in the blanket of night. Albeit the ruminations regarding her defeat at the hands of Yukka would be expected, she disintegrated these meaningless thoughts and completely thrusted onward for a scavenger hunt of the slew of incident-doers she had yet to "apprehend."

"So," Reimu spoke to herself, "now there's going to be idiots all coming after me? I can tell because I've seen them all around Gensokyo - meaning it won't be long before this all comes to an end."

Almost from this sentence did Reimu realize she couldn't comprehend the reason for why she persisted in pursuing this futile path despite the stack of evidence against her claiming this was impossible. Many compliments ago foretold her impossibilties were her speciality, but a world that grimaces at your diseased presence no longer carries that sentiment towards you - more so that they desire your corpse, if anything.

Taking one step forward, the shrine maiden was on-guard until a creaking sounded out from a dilapidated building, hardly containing any structure keeping it afloat.

An incident-doer may be there, Reimu maliciously unsheathed her purification rod, approaching the home. Just another easy target for me. Let's see who it is...

As the distance truncated through each and every step, the malevolent shrine maiden lunged for the door of the house, prepared to see who was in the premises that could be an additional lamb for the slaughter. Throwing open the know, there laid...a mice?

"Nazrin?" Reimu spoke bewildered, surprised the rat was locked within a strange house. "What brings you here?"

"R-Reimu?!" Nazrin squeaked, crabwalking backwards until she suddenly hit a wall. "U-Uhm...I-I was sent her by Shou! She said something has been going down in Gensokyo, so I needed to hide!"

Now that sparked an ignited firework rocketing into the sky with interest for this predicament for Reimu. Albeit Nazrin wasn't an incident-doer, her ability to locate any "item" as long as she recalled the shape could help her pursuit in catching culprits who dared hide from her justified enforcement of justice.

"So let me get this straight - you were sent here by Shou because she believed you may be another victim for the killer going around Gensokyo?"

"Y-Yeah! I insisted that m-maybe I could stay, but she said I was better off hiding somewhere else," Nazrin responded, feeling assured at Reimu's presence. "You're the shrine maiden, r-right? You're going to clean this all up I hope! It's gotten really bad!"

Ah, how amusing ignorance can be with its blissful form you cannot witness due to its invisibility that once you wish to spot it, you regret the inevitable curiosity tucked within you. It was a delicious and appetizing reminder for Reimu knowing the clueless rat's unawareness of the true circumstances of the situation could be put to use all just for her, and Nazrin would even be oblivious to the fact she was aiding in her bloodshed.

"Hm, well," evil thoughts ran wild in Reimu's scheming mind, "why don't you try searching something for me? I'm the shrine maiden of Gensokyo of course, so you'll be under my protection."

"O-Oh? You're asking me to search something for you?" Nazrin questioned. "W-Well, alright. I'll give it my best."

"Don't worry about being hurt. Let's start with something simple - do you know where I can find Tenshi?"

Albeit it was a normal question in Reimu's perspective, the lonesome rat couldn't wrap her head around the demand of hers, slightly tilting her head to signal bewilderment. Perchance disadvantageous due to a lack of understanding, the shrine maiden already formulated plans during their discussion thus far and backup options should the need arise.