Chapter Four

"In life only one thing is certain, apart from death and taxes: No matter how hard you try, no matter how good your intentions, you are going to make mistakes. You are going to hurt people. You are going to get hurt. And if you ever want to recover, there's really only one thing you can say. Forgive and forget. That's what they say. It's good advice, but it's not very practical. When someone hurts us, we want to hurt them back. When someone wrongs us, we want to be right. Without forgiveness old scores are never settled. Old wounds never heal, and the most we can hope for is that one day we'll be lucky enough to forget" 

"it seemed like the real thing, but i was so blind"

Holly sat on the bed, staring at the wall. "Please, say something", George said. She got up. "I have to go to work", she said.

"I think he's gonna tell her", Lucy said to Alex as they stood in the elevator. "It's O'Malley, he definitely chickened out", Alex replied.

"I hope so. They're having a baby, Alex. This baby cannot come into this world with a broken family"

"Lucy, stop worrying. It's not your problem. Just breathe, let's get through the day, okay?"

"Fine"

He pecked her lips.

Meredith, Lucy and Cristina walked together. "I hate my interns", Cristina said. "Jacobs isn't too bad", Meredith said. "Is she the overly confident one who's way too pretty to be a doctor?" Lucy asked.

"That's the one"

"That's 3", Cristina said. "I can't believe you call them numbers", Lucy scoffed. "You're evil".

"I am determined today", Beck said to Kelly. "Today, I am going to kick ass". "You're way too confident", Kelly said.

"I'd rather be overconfident than completely insecure"

"Fair enough. Good luck today, then"

"I don't need it"

In a trauma room, Derek, Cristina and Beck were examining Adam Singer. "He got injured during a football scrimmage", her father Stanley said. "I mean, it's all his fault but...". "Sir, can you leave the room?" Derek asked. Beck and Derek stabilized Adam's head while Cristina started cutting off his helmet.

Holly approached Izzie. "I need to talk to you later", she said. "George told me everything. Meet in the cafeteria at noon". Holly walked away. As she walked away, she saw George and looked away from him. He watched her walk away.

Derek, Cristina and Beck were looking at Adam's scans. "3, move over", Cristina said to Beck. Derek looked confused. "Dr Jacobs, how would you proceed?" he asked. "We have to realign Adam's spine before we operate", she said.

"I'm impressed. How's your internship going?"

"Good, I'm hoping to get into cardio"

"You know what you want to do already?"

"There's no point being unsure. If I don't know what I want, I can't learn it"

"3, go check on a patient", Cristina said. "Why don't you do it instead, Dr Yang?" Derek said.

Beck approached Cristina. "Dr Shepherd wants us in Adam's room in 10 minutes", she said. "I get why you're flirting to get in good with the attendings, but you're here on my license", Cristina said. "So, for the rest of the day, you're going to behave like an intern and keep quiet. Are we clear, 3?"

"I'm not flirting with Dr Shepherd, I am working and doing my job and answering his questions like a good student. I am trying to learn. You don't get to disrespect me like this just because you are my superior. You can teach, reprimand me if I do something wrong, but don't you dare disrespect me like that ever again. And it's Beck, or Jacobs, not 3"