Chapter Seven

"Before we were doctors, we were med students, which meant we spent a lot of time studying chemistry. Organic chemistry, biochemistry, we learned it all. But when you're talking about human chemistry only one thing matters: either you've got it or you don't. Chemistry, either you've got it or you don't" 

"tell me that there's light at the end of all this starless night"

Lucy and Alex lay in bed. Alex was sleeping while Lucy was turned on her side wide awake, staring ahead. The alarm went off and she turned it off before quickly getting up and walking out of the room. Alex watched her go with worried eyes.

She stood in the shower and let the hot water run over her face. She got out and wiped the fog off of the mirror. She stared at her reflection and sighed.

Cristina entered the OR followed by her interns. "The ER can be like a candy store, but there aren't any interesting cases", Cristina said. "Go find me something good".

Mark was drawing lines on Harriet's face. "I want to look as pretty as them two", Harriet said, pointing to Kelly and Izzie. "Although, I am noticing the blonde's got some worry lines. You should probably take care of that". "That's awkward", Kelly muttered.

Mark, Izzie and Kelly left the room. Hahn showed Mark the scans of her patient. "Looks like you're gonna have to give up OR 2", Hahn said. "What am I supposed to tell my patient?" Mark asked.

"To age gracefully"

She walked away. "Bitch", Kelly said. Mark smirked at her in amusement.

Kelly and Mark observed Hahn operating on Teresa. "She stole my OR, she's pushy", Mark said. "She's rude, too", Kelly added.

"She's got amazing surgical skills"

"But that doesn't make up for being pushy and rude"

"Exactly. We should discuss this over drinks"

She looked at him and raised a brow. He smirked at her. She fought a smile and turned back to watch the surgery.

Alex was paged to the nursery where he found Holly staring at Sean's baby. He approached her. "Why did you page me?" he asked. "I wanna know if I can pick up the baby", she said, still staring at the baby.

"That's not why you paged me. How are you doing? Seriously, no crap"

"I'm kinda okay, surprisingly. I got my own place. I got my first scan"

"Are you gonna show George?"

"Yeah, I have to"

Alex and Lucy lay awake in bed, backs facing each other. The alarm went off. Lucy got up and left the room once again. Alex groaned and lay on his back.

Beck, Kelly and Aurora were playing darts nearby. Mark began to approach them. Beck gave Aurora a look and they smirked at each other in amusement. Beck nudged Kelly. "McSteamy coming this way", she said, before dragging Aurora to the bar with her. Mark approached Kelly who was pulling darts off of the dartboard. "You're winning", he said. "I know, I'm playing", she replied.

"Can I buy you a drink?"

"No, I'm good, thanks"

"Admit it, you think I'm hot"

"Yeah, I do, I'm just not attracted to you"

"That's impossible"

"No, it is, I'm just one of very few women"

She walked back over to her friends while Mark watched her every move.

Beck came home to find Cristina sitting on the couch. "I finished painting", she said. "It looks nice", Beck replied tiredly. She sat down next to her. Callie came through the door. "Cristina finished painting", Beck said. "I got fired", Callie replied.

hope you enjoyed! comment your opinions! song is dear august by pj harding and noah cyrus