Chapter Thirteen

"Great surgeons aren't made, they're born. It takes gestation, incubation, sacrifice. But after all the blood and guts and gooey stuff is washed away, that surgeon you've become? Totally worth it. Giving birth may be all intense and magical and stuff, but the act itself is not exactly pleasant. But it's also a beginning of something incredible, something new, something unpredictable, something true, something worth loving, something worth missing, something that will change your life forever" 

"we'll never fall apart 'cause we fit together like two pieces of a broken heart"

Addison stood in front of the hospital. Lucy ran up to her and engulfed her in a hug. "I missed you!" she exclaimed. "The feeling's mutual", Addison said, smiling. "So, what'd I miss?"

Kelly found Mark in his skin lab. "I'm growing actual skin from stem cells, like God", he said. She rolled her eyes. "Whatever you wanna tell yourself", she said. "You got time for a break?" He smirked.

Lucy found Alex and pulled him aside. "I need to tell you something super important and I need you not to freak out, okay?" she said. "I'm pregnant".

"Are you keeping it or having an abortion?"

"Is that all you have to say?"

"I have a really big case"

He walked off.

Beck approached George in the clinic who was talking to Izzie. "Hey, George, we're all set for tonight", she said. "What's tonight?" Izzie asked.

"We're just having a super chill darts tournament at Joe's"

"Oh, I love darts. I'll come along"

"I didn't invite you"

Izzie looked at her weirdly before walking off. "You so coded", George said. "I know", Beck whined.

Lucy and Addison were talking in the conference room. "A lot has changed", Lucy said.  

"Like what?"

"Meredith and Derek broke up"

"What? I hugged her"

"Why?"

"Growth. Continue"

"I'm pregnant and I told Alex and he just asked me if I was getting an abortion or not"

"WHAT?!"

The doctors for Addison's case stood outside the room. As Addison was talking to Callie and Erica, Holly suddenly dropped to the ground. The doctors all rushed around to help her.

George's pager went off and checked it and it read: 911. He rushed off to the OR.

Izzie went to see a patient in the clinic when it turned out to be Lucy. "I didn't want an ultrasound, I just wanted something for morning sickness", she said. "I'm five weeks". "We'll run a blood sample, then", Izzie suggested.

"Okay, thanks. Iz?"

"Yeah?"

"Not a word"

"You got it"

George watched from the OR gallery as Addison performed surgery on Holly.

George sat in Holly's room, holding her hand as she slept. Addison walked in. "She's gonna be fine, she just needs to take it easy. We're gonna keep her overnight and send her home, where she'll stay until she reaches full term", she explained. "Thank you so much, Dr Montgomery", George said, as he smiled at Holly's sleeping face.

Callie, Addison and Lucy sat down for lunch. "So, Holly's okay?" Lucy asked. "As long as she rests, she'll be fine", Addison replied. Lucy sighed in relief. "Any more gossip for me?" Addison asked. "I live with Yang and one of her interns now", Callie said.

"May I ask if you are speaking the vagina monologues now?"

Lucy snickered. "What? I'm all for it and Erica seems great", Addison said. "I can't believe you think Erica and I are a couple", Callie said. "It's not that far-fetched", Lucy said.

"I like penis"

"Okay, then"

"Addison, you've been living in LA for too long"

George, after finally emerging from Holly's room, was looking for a table in the cafeteria. Izzie waved him over but Aurora intercepted him. "People are ready to drop out of the tournament, George. Nobody wants to play with their boss", she said.

"I can't take back the invitation"

"Technically you can, because nobody invited her"

George sat down at the table with the residents. Cristina sat down followed by Lucy. "I care, so I want to know about your feelings", Cristina said. "Alex, you look thoughtful, do you have any thoughts?" Alex looked at her weirdly. "What's going on?" Lucy asked. "I'm trying to speak girl,'' Cristina replied.

"You sound more like you're tryna speak therapist"

Addison approached Lucy. "You know, I hate that you're here", Lucy said. "I thought you said you missed me", Addison said.

"I do, so much but when you're here, all my problems become so much more real. And I don't want them to. I want to stay pretending that I'm fine. I want to pretend like I'm not pregnant and that my boyfriend didn't have the worst reaction ever. I wanna pretend that I don't feel like crap all time, or that if I did, at least I had an explanation as to why. I want to pretend like life is kicking me down so much that I don't know how many times I'm gonna be able to get back up again. I-"

Addison held her hand up to shush her. She put her arm around her and let her rest her head on her shoulder. She rubbed her arm soothingly. "It's going to be okay", she whispered.

Mark approached the table of interns at Joe's where Kelly sat. "You wanna dance?" he asked her. She got up and let him drag her to the dance floor. They danced closely together, electricity fizzling between them. "You wanna get out of here?" she asked. He nodded and helped her into her jacket before walking out with her.

George sat in Holly's dark hospital room, holding her hand. She opened her eyes and looked at him. "What are you still doing here?" she asked.

"I wasn't going to leave you two here on your own"

"Did you bring me any pudding cups?"

"Nope...I brought you three"

"You're such a dork"

He smiled at her before handing her a pudding cup.

Lucy sat on her bed when Alex entered. He stared at her before sitting on the bed. He reached out and touched her stomach. They smiled at each other. 

hope you enjoyed! comment your opinions! song is two pieces by demi lovato