Chapter Fourteen

"There's this person in my head. She's brilliant. Capable. She can do chest tubes and craniotomies, she can run a code without freaking out. She's a really good surgeon. Maybe even a great surgeon. She's me. Only so much better. It was a good day. Maybe even a great day. I was a good doctor, even when it was hard, I was the me in my head. There was a moment when I thought I can't do this, I can't do this alone. I close my eyes and imagine myself doing it, and I did, I blocked out the fear, and I did it" 

"it won't be long now"

Mark and Kelly were in the on-call room when they heard a knock on the door. Their eyes widened. "Go see who it is", Kelly whispered to him. He opened the door to find Bailey. "Nurse Tania is no longer available for your upcoming surgery", she said. "Get me Nurse Kate then", he replied before closing the door. He went back over to Kelly and started kissing her again. Bailey knocked again. "Ripa, you're an idiot", Bailey said. "Damn it", Kelly sighed.

Alex approached Lucy in the resident's lounge. He kissed her cheek. "How are you feeling?" he asked. "I'm fine. I'm good", she replied.

Beck and Cristina were in the morgue together. "Are you okay?" Beck asked awkwardly. "I just wanted to check because you passed on a really awesome case. Has it got anything to do with the Burke thing?" Cristina began to sing Like A Virgin as she cut into the corpse's chest. Beck was very confused so she decided to sing along. Cristina gave her a look and she stopped. "I'm gonna go chart, I guess", Beck said, before leaving.

The residents and interns were filling out their sex forms. "I need to go get Cristina's form", George said. "Oh, you don't want to do that", Beck said. "Why, what's wrong with her? Is she doing that creepy staring thing?" Lucy asked.

"She's singing"

Lucy and Meredith shared a worried look before running off.

"Cristina, stop singing", Meredith said. Cristina continued to sing. "Burke wouldn't have a career without you. You saved him when he had his tremor. The Harper Avery Foundation may not know that but Burke does", Lucy said. Cristina continued to sing. "I'm pregnant", Lucy blurted. Cristina stopped singing. "I'm in therapy", Meredith added. "That makes me feel a little better", Cristina said.

Kelly, Beck and Aurora watched in amusement as Bailey gathered the nurses and Mark in the hall. "This boycott has gone on long enough. I know I have no authority here, but I'd like to offer my thoughts on Sloan", Bailey said. "This man is a whore, has always been a whore, and will probably always be a whore, but he's not keeping it hidden, you all knew who he was when you got involved with him. And now you wanna act all "woe is me! He doesn't call me back". He's nasty, but he's a pretty good doctor, so let us all close our knees and get back to our jobs, so Dr Sloan can get back to his. Disperse". The three interns laughed and Mark caught Kelly's eye and sighed. She approached him. "I enjoyed that way more than I should've", Kelly laughed. "Shut up", he said, smirking. "You coming over tonight?" She smirked before walking away.

George entered Holly's apartment to check on her. He found Holly sitting on the sofa watching tv. "Harry Potter marathon was on today", she said. "Deathly Hallows Part 1 is on right now, if you wanted to stay". She smiled at him, a smile which he returned before sitting down. 

hope you enjoyed! comment your opinions! song is it won't be long now from in the heights