Chapter Seventeen

"you can take this heart, heal it or break it all apart. no, this isn't fair. love me or leave me here"

Izzie was standing in the ER as Alex carried in Lucy. "What happened?" Izzie asked. "Lucy cut herself", he said. He laid her down on a gurney. "Do you need any help?" Izzie asked. "I've got this", Alex said. He closed the curtain in front of the gurney.

George was practically running to find Holly's room. He arrived and sighed in relief when he saw her sitting up. She smiled. "You made it", she said. He came over to the bed, dragging a chair over with him. He sat down and grabbed her hand. "I'm here, let's do this", he said.

Holly began to have a contraction. George did her breathing exercises with her and it was over. "You practised them", she said, surprised. "Why are you surprised? I've been panicking about this day since you told me"

"Aww, you were worried about me"

"Of course I was, I love you"

Holly sighed, her eyes filling with tears. "I wish you wouldn't keep saying that when I'm pregnant and hormonal", she said. George chuckled.

"10cm, you're ready to push", the doctor said to Holly. Holly took a deep breath and took George's hand. He squeezed her hand. She smiled. "Okay...1...2...3", George said. Holly began to push.

Alex finished bandaging Lucy's wrists. Izzie came over. "Psych will be down in an hour, but I want to administer meds to keep her calm until then", she said. "She was fine, I was watching her every minute until you called", he replied.

"You shouldn't have to do that. I'm the doctor now, so it's my treatment plan"

"Stop being a stupid bitch, leave us alone!"

He returned to Lucy's side.

"You've been avoiding me", Mark said to Kelly. "Mark, didn't see you there", she replied.

"What's up with you?"

"I'm just saying, maybe it's time for us to put a stop to this"

"Oh, really?"

"Yeah, I just think it's time. We can stay friends though, cause as much as I hate to admit, I enjoy your company"

"What's that?"

"Don't let it go to your head, alright?"

"I enjoy your company too"

"Really?"

"Pretty much"

"Good to know"

Izzie returned to Lucy with a psychiatrist. "He's gonna ask you some questions while I talk outside with Alex", Izzie said to Lucy before leaving the room with Alex. "My treatment plan is the one we're gonna follow and I'll have you arrested if you try to take her home without my okay", Izzie said to Alex.

"I see that you're worried, but I think you're being unreasonable. I'm taking her home"

"No"

"I can take care of her, I've done this before. She's just going through a bad patch. I can feed her and bathe her and change her, I can take care of her until it's over. I took care of my mom and I can take care of Lucy. I was a kid then, but I'm a man now so I'll be better at"

"You've done this before"

Aurora sat on a bench in the park, staring straight ahead. She heard a sigh and turned to see a man sitting at the other end of the bench. They locked eyes. "Sorry, I didn't see you there", he said. "Long day?" she asked.

"Yeah, you?"

"Oh, yeah"

"Well, I hope it gets better"

"You too. I'm Aurora"

"Owen"

"Okay, one last big push", the doctor said. "I can't! George, you do it for me!" Holly said, sweating and breathing heavily. "You know I can't. Come on, you're stronger than this, I know you are. One last push, and you have a baby, a beautiful baby", George said. Holly put all her strength into that last push before hearing a cry. Holly sighed in relief and fell back onto the bed. "It's a girl", the doctor said. Holly and George smiled at each other. After the baby was cleaned up, the doctor handed her to Holly. Holly started crying in joy. "Hi, baby", she said to her little girl. She looked at George and he looked back and smiled. She leaned in and kissed him.

Alex entered Lucy's room. "I wasn't paying attention to you, this has been coming on for a while. I was just too stupid to notice", he said. "You need help and I can't give it to you. So you have to stay here and they'll transfer you to a psychiatric facility. I think it's for the best. It's just for a little while"

"I'm sorry. I tried to be there for you. I really wanted to someone you could depend on"

"It's okay"

Beck entered the lounge she was paged to. Cristina was sitting on the couch. "Grab the banana from my cubby. I'm going to teach you the running whip stitch", Cristina said. Beck smiled.

Mark exited the hospital and saw Callie and Erica kissing and smiled. Kelly came up behind him. "Enjoying the show?" she said. He turned around and smirked at her. "What can I say I love love", he said.

"Since when?"

"I've grown"

"In all seriousness, I'm glad we were able to stay friends"

"Me too"

He held out his hand for a handshake. "Handshakes are a little formal for friends. What about a hug?" she asked. He smiled and they hugged. She was smiling before she felt him smell her hair and her face fell. She slowly pulled out of the hug, leaving them in close proximity to each other. She looked at him, their noses touching. He leaned in and kissed her. She pulled away and looked at him, confused. He tried to lean in again but she pulled away. "I-I have to go", she said before walking away.

George was sitting on the bed next to Holly when Alex came in looking upset. Holly gave George a look. "I'll get some coffee", he said before leaving the room. "I heard", she said as he sat down on the bed. He began to cry. "I'm so sorry", she said.

"Whatever"

"It's not whatever. I'm sorry about Lucy"

"Please don't say anything"

"Okay"

She hugged him as he cried.

The End

hope you enjoyed! comment your opinions! song is love me or leave me by little mix