Clown

"Hey, Marinette, wait up." Adrien jogged down the corridor to catch up with his petite friend.

"Adrien? Is everything ok?"

"Yeah, everything's fine." He stood staring at her smiling.

"O-K?" She replied, tilting her head in curiosity. "Is there something you need?"

Adrien blinked, removing himself from the trance he was in. Why was he staring at her like a complete idiot?

"Oh, sorry. Yeah," he placed his hand behind his neck in the nervous twitch she'd grown so fond of all those years ago. She was head over heels in love with Chat, but a part of her would always love Adrien, only as a good friend, of course.

Marinette raised her eyebrows, edging Adrien to continue. What was up with him today?

"Nathalie's given me these," he held up two tickets.

Reading the name of the event, Marinette gasped and dropped the files she was holding, snatching the tickets out of Adrien's hands. He began to laugh at her reaction. He knew she'd love it.

"Cirque du Soleil! Where did you get these? They've been sold out for months, if not years!"

"Do you want them?" He asked.

"Oh, Adrien!" She dived into him, wrapping her arms around his neck and placing a kiss on his cheek. "Yes, please! Are you sure you don't mind?"

Her reaction took him off guard, and his face began to glow with a warm, pink tinge. After a couple of seconds of just standing there like a statue, he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her into his body.

"I couldn't make the date, I have plans already, but I knew it was something you always wanted to see."

He placed his face in her hair and couldn't help but feel comforted by the familiar scent. Too familiar, his mind plagued him.

"Oh that's a shame. This is meant to be amazing."

"Yeah, I really wanted to see it too. But my friend and I have planned to do something on the same night and it's their choice, unfortunately." Adrien explained, as Marinette studied the date on the tickets.

Two nights from now was her and Chat's date night. Luckily, it was her turn to choose what they were doing and this was perfect.

Cirque du Soleil was about to have two very famous visitors.

•••••

"Get out of town," Chat shouted, a little louder than intended.

"Do you want to go?" Ladybug asked, a wide grin spreading across her face. Her eyes sparkling like the lights currently dancing around on the Eiffel Tower

"Hell yes!!! I was almost going but I could only get tickets for tonight and didn't want to cancel our date." He wrapped Ladybug up in his arms, when suddenly a thought came into his head. He wondered if he'd see Marinette? Would she have brought someone with her? She'd never mentioned anything but he was sure she had a boyfriend. After all, who wouldn't want Marinette? He suddenly felt a little uncomfortable, if Marinette did have a boyfriend why hadn't they met him yet? What if he wasn't good enough?

"Let's go then Chaton," joining hands, they made their way to the venue. Ladybug pulling a thoughtful cat behind her.

As they landed in front of the entrance, hushed voices could be heard all around them.

What are Ladybug and Chat Noir doing here?

Are they on a date?

Is Papillon here?