Us Against the World

Ladybug opened the portal and stepped through to the bakery. She stood in front of a large white box trying to quash the stirring excitement in her belly. She was getting married and her cake was currently sitting pretty in front of her, if she could just step forward she could grab the lid and ...

"Don't you dare!"

Tom's voice echoed around the room, stilling Pegabug's advance towards the cake.

"I was just going to check that no mice had gotten into the box. I wouldn't want the cake ruined."

"Marinette, you are terrible at lying. How did we not figure out you were Ladybug sooner?" Sabine entered the room with her suitcase towing behind her. She was wearing a big, floppy sun hat, her swimsuit and a wrap around her waist. She looked as though she had a UFO on her head.

Adrien had managed to book them a villa with a private pool, therefore they were free to enjoy the sun without being spotted. That was one problem of Tom and Sabine being Paris' famous bakers, and also the parents of Marinette Dupain-Cheng, a girl all the heroes knew. They were sure if Tom and Sabine were spotted, Marinette would be found out in an instant, taking away the element of surprise at the altar.

"I'll drop you two off and then head back to my villa. I think you're going to love where you're staying." She explained to her parents, excitement pooling in her stomach. Her parents rarely took a break from work, and being able to help them achieve that was amazing.

"I hope you won't be staying with Adrien tonight, it's bad luck to see the groom the morning of the wedding." Sabine, handed Tom his own hat which he placed on his head before grabbing the cake.

"I promise I'm not. We're meeting tonight and then he's staying with his best man, whilst Alya stays with me."

"Good."

Pegabug reopened the portal into Tom and Sabine's villa where Chat Noir was standing waiting for them. He stepped forward to take the cake from Tom, greeting his soon to be in-laws. He gave them a quick nod before heading out to the restaurant of the resort, cake in tow, ready for the wedding tomorrow. Pegabug separated her kwami's, remaining as just Ladybug. She took off the glasses and renounced Kalkki.

"Why are you smiling at me like that?" She asked. Tom currently had his arm wrapped around Sabine's shoulders, as they both looked adoringly at their daughter.

"We're just so happy for you, sweetheart. You're going to make such a beautiful bride, and we're so proud of you-"

"Of you both." Sabine finished for him. "You both deserve this so much."

She wrapped her parents in her arms, thanking them for everything. Tom and Sabine were truly Miraculous parents and Marinette felt lucky to have them both on their side. She called off her transformation and prepared for an afternoon in the sun with her parents, the last time as a family of three.

A couple of hours later, Marinette transformed again and kissed her parents goodbye, promising to see them bright and early in the morning to get ready for the wedding. For the first time ever, she was quite sure she'd be awake on time.

A musical tune filled the room as Ladybug was about to leave. Of course, it could only be one person Chat Noir.

"Hey Bugaboo, what time are you leaving your parents?"

"Just on my way back to our room now."

"Ok, well, drop your bags off and then meet me on the beach. Stay transformed."

"Why?"

"Stop questioning everything and follow my lead for a change." She could hear the smirk in his voice. He was insufferable, but she couldn't deny she was intrigued by what he'd planned. They were in a romantic location, it was their last night being 'single' and he was Sir Soppy after all.