Moonlight

Ladybug pulled out a massive folder and placed it between the two of them. Inside had everything from flight costs, to villas, to hotels, to full wedding packages. Tonight they were going to choose the venue. This time tomorrow they would, hopefully, have their wedding booked.

"So you ok with this?" Ladybug questioned Chat Noir.

Both were settled on a picnic blanket on top of their favourite rooftop, a bottle of wine opened, pastries set out and lit by candle light and the moon.

"I think it's a great idea," Chat answered.

"It's very expensive." She bit her lip in worry. It was perfect and now she had her heart set on it, she wasn't sure she'd be able to go back.

"Bugaboo, I told you, I will pay for whatever you want."

"But this is really expensive, like 'my earnings for a whole year' expensive, and I've got a damn good job."

Chat began to laugh.

"Well at least once we're married I know you can be my sugar mama."

She slapped him playfully on the arm as he wiggled his eyebrows and reached for his wine glass.

"M'lady, if this is what you want then this is what you get."

She squealed and jumped onto him, giving him a hug. She began to kiss his face all over, ending with one big smack on his lips. She had looked over and over again for the perfect wedding venue. She finally decided on the Maldives, and found six resorts which were amazing. Unfortunately after contacting them all, only one had an available slot for the date they were considering. Ladybug handed over the details to Chat.

He looked down the name of the resort, and found she'd picked the same one. Well, actually he'd found six but five of those had no availability when he'd called them earlier that day. The venue he was currently holding in his hand said they'd hold the booking for twenty four hours, after all it wasn't everyday a supermodel - whose father was a world famous designer - called asking to book his secret wedding.

Ladybug still had no idea what she was about to marry into and, to make it worse, she didn't know she was marrying into the family of their first nemesis. After they'd finally defeated the first Hawkmoth/Shadowmoth, whatever you want to call him, Ladybug had managed to strip his memories of anything Miraculous. Gabriel was a changed man, and thanks to Su-Han Nathalie had made a full recovery too. However it didn't come without casualties.

Adrien had lost his mother to the misuse of the Miraculous, and as much as finally having answers helped him heal it was still like a dirty wound; it healed eventually, but it wasn't as straightforward as a clean cut. Ladybug had visited a few times at the beginning, helping him come to terms with everything, followed by constant help and support of his friends, particularly Marinette.

He let out a sigh, pulling Ladybug out of her own thoughts, the wedding folder open on the guest list.

"What's wrong kitty cat?" She asked.

Chat looked up at the sky, zoning in on the moon. It reminded him of the nights he'd spent on Marinette's balcony as both Adrien and Chat Noir, laughing and joking about anything and everything. The couple of hours he was there he always was taken out of reality, his messed up reality.

"I'm just thinking about a friend. She means so much to me and I won't be able to invite her to the wedding."

Ladybug moved closer to him and wrapped her arms around his waist, placing a gentle kiss on her cheek.

"I know how you feel. I have a friend too that won't be there and he means the world to me. Maybe we could have a second wedding when we're back? Or some sort of party? Allow all our friends and family who won't be there to attend and celebrate with us. It can be an introduction of my friends to yours."