Can't Transform

"Hey Kitty, are you delivering pizza now? Bet your father was pissed when you quit."

Adrien looked at Alya, what the hell was Marinette going on about?

"Oh my God, Adrien, are you a stripper pizza delivery man. If so, come here, I've got a lot of Euro's in my purse to be spent. Alya, bring it here then get lost. His body is mine."

"Alya?" Adrien asked, his voice stern like an infant school headteacher.

"She took too much codeine, I couldn't stop her." She shrugged.

Adrien made his way around the corner to see Marinette, broken leg and all.

"How are you doing, Mari?"

"Just peachy." She replied with a smile so wide and funny, he couldn't help taking his phone out of his pocket to snap a picture. This was one to use for blackmail.

"How many tablets have you taken sweetheart?" Adrien was terrified Alya had let her overdose. He picked up the box and read the label. Each tablet was thirty gram so adults could have two at maximum, however due to Marinette's past history, the doctor's strongly advised that she didn't have more than one.

"I've had two." She said with a yawn and a stretch. She looked over to him and wiggled her eyebrows. "You look nice today. Did you dress up to see me?"

"That might be one reason why. Alya, can I speak to you in the kitchen please?"

"Don't be long," Marinette yelled, "Adrien is here to deliver me a pizza, not you."

Adrien grabbed Alya's hand and pulled her into the kitchenette of Marinette's apartment.

"First of all I know, second of all I know you know, so let's skip past that to the main issue. What the hell's going to happen if there is an akuma? There is not a chance in hell that I am leaving her!"

Both were pulled from the seriousness of their conversation to hear Marinette begin a medley of show tunes. First on the playlist - 'Hopelessly Devoted to You'.

"I know where the Miracle Box is, I can dish out to Viperion and Carapace. We may need Mr Bug to purify the akuma though." Alya said.

"I can't transform here, and I'm not leaving her in this state. God, Alya, what were you thinking letting her transform last night. You know what happens."

"You can talk, Mr. High Flier, you're the one that let go of her."

Marinette had just finished her high note before announcing her next solo. 'Don't Cry for Me Argentina'.

"She loosened her grip, and believe me the guilt is overwhelming. Anyway that isn't the point, we've thrown each other around before with no harm done."

"I bet you have," Alya winked.

"I must say Pigtails has a good singing voice." Plagg appeared next to Adrien, joined instantly by a tiny red flying bug.

"Hey Tikki," Adrien said.

"Hey Adrien, don't feel guilty about Marinette's leg. I think I can channel some sort of healing power, Marinette will just need to look through the grimoire, I'm sure there's something in there." Tikki explained, however, it did nothing for Adrien's guilt.

"We need to take her earrings out. Just whilst she gets over this drugged up state. We made enough of a spectacle of ourselves last night, we don't need to do it again." Adrien spoke to the group, trying to form a plan to stop Marinette from flying around the city, drugged up and half broken.

He placed his fingers over his eyebrows and rubbed, his hangover still going strong. How did they end up here? There was so much left to process he couldn't think straight.