Heal

Ladybug walked around the apartment in awe. It was perfect. The lounge was decorated to her taste, as though he knew exactly what would please her. The sofa looked so comfortable she couldn't help daydream about the amount of time they would spend cuddling up watching films on the giant flat screen television. Oh, she didn't notice that the first time she looked. It was positioned above the fireplace on the feature wall of the lounge.

Next to the impressive cinema set was the most impressive word art. Swirling around, with her signature pink and black flowers, we're the words which meant everything to them.

Us against the world.

Giggling like a schoolgirl, Ladybug jumped into her fiancé's arms as he spun her around, burying his head into her neck as she peppered kisses all over his face. He couldn't help joining along with her. Celebrating their new home together. Yes, it was meant to be somewhere they arrived back to after their wedding, and yes, of course he had a grand plan and a huge bow to attach to the door. But she needed somewhere, and this was as much hers as his.

There were still a couple of rooms to be decorated, their master bedroom being one, along with her wedding present, her very own design studio.

"Let me show you the guest room."

He grabbed her legs and attached them to his waist as he walked down the hallway and onto a second floor.

"It has two floors!" Her voice was high shrieking, making him wince. He never knew he was marrying one of the Chipette's.

"Only the best for my Bugaboo."

"This is too much, Chat. How can we possibly afford this?"

Chat's cheeks went pink as he tried to shrug. The movement was hard in their current situation and her biceps got squished between his chin and shoulder.

"Chat, look at me," She said.

He turned his head as he continued maneuvering them up the sweeping glass case staircase.

"Chat Noir, look at me this instant."

He shyly turned his head to meet her blue eyes. How had he never matched these to his Marinette?

"What did you do?" She continued.

"I may, or may not, have gone to see Chloe."

"And?"

"And, well," he placed her down at the top of the staircase and scratched the back of his neck. A nervous habit she began to recognise. "I may have said, we needed to make sure we have some sort of security. Some sort of home."

Ladybug crossed her arms and continued staring at him.

"Are you trying to give away our identities?"

"I just asked for a list of all penthouses available with balconies coming up for sale, and asked for complete discretion on which I eventually bought. It was agreed on, and then it became our wedding present."

Ladybug squinted at him. Something wasn't adding up.

"So, she's giving LadyNoir an apartment even though she hates us?"

He squirmed again.

"Actually, she's given a civilian Chat Noir and his wonderful civilian wife to be an apartment as an apology for past mistakes."

Ladybug looked at him again. Did she really think she could buy her way back into her life? Wait - Did she know who the civilian Ladybug was?

"Did you - did you tell her who you're marrying?"