Pound It (Part Two)

"Before we begin," Nino announced, "we have a little bet that needs to be settled."

Alya moved from the table over to the side where a sheet layover what looked like a painting easel. She removed the sheet with a big "ta-da" and jazz hands, before finding a pointer and placing it on the board.

"Over the past couple of weeks, myself and my beautiful assistant, Ms. Rena Rouge, have been contacting each of the other Miraculous holders during patrol and also after our last battle with Papillon. We also have, and I don't know if you two can remember, Ms. Bustiers time capsule from our last year at Françoise Dupont." Nino looked towards the bride and groom who were staring at the board in wonder, what was it? Everyone else in the room seemed to have pieced it together and gasps circulated the room.

"The winners will not be paying for any drinks this evening, as promised, it'll be everyone else's treat. Except for the bride and groom, of course." Alya announced.

Adrien raised his glass and nodded to his two friends, as he placed an arm on the back of Marinette's chair.

"Ok, so firstly, we have our college challenge. Alya never told me she knew both of their identities until precisely two hours ago, and lucky for us Max managed to hack into my computer at home, you see I always thought Adrien would marry Marinette so I had a little game planned. Anyway, back when we were in our last year with Ms. Bustier, we made a Collège Françoise Dupont time capsule." Nino signalled to Alya who rolled out a projector. "And if you remember, Alya was the one that filmed it."

"Oh no." Marinette said.

"Oh, yes." Alya teased.

"As part of the time capsule we made a video."

Adrien suddenly shot up back straight.

Oh no, no, no, no, no!

"I don't think we need to watch that Nino." Adrien said, waving his hands in front of his face.

"Oh I think we do, brother." Nino replied. "You see a couple of questions were asked about relationships, including who we could see ourselves with in the future and who would be first to get married from our year group."

Marinette and Adrien looked at each other with nervous faces. They were only sixteen when this was recorded, childhood crushes and fantasies were an everyday occurrence.

"Now everyone, if you turn around. We'd like to play round one ... who did Marinette and Adrien think they'd end up marrying." Alya, pressed a button as a screen dropped down. Luckily, the sun wasn't shining in the direction of it, giving an almost clear view of the screen.

Suddenly, a sixteen year old Marinette Dupain-Cheng appeared on the screen, twin pigtails and all.

"Who will I marry?" Her voice sounded out in the room, courtesy of the top of the range surround sound, she giggled and carried on talking. "My dream is a big white wedding to Adrien. Oh my Alya, could you imagine him in a suit. He'd be so dreamy, and he'd have to kiss me. He'd have no choice because you kiss the bride when you're married and I'd be the bride. Then we can have three kids and a hamster." Alya cuts Marinette off mid rant.

"What if you never form a sentence around Adrien, and he only ever sees you as a friend?"

Marinette thinks for a moment.

"Then I'd marry Chat Noir."

The video was paused as Alya spoke.

"Well done Marinette, it seems 'luck' was on your side."

"I sound like such a fangirl." She placed her hands over her face.

"Don't worry Princess," Adrien said, snuggling in to his wife, "you haven't heard mine yet."