𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙵𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚑 𝙿𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚎

☽︎☼︎Chapter 13☼︎☾︎

☽︎☼︎Chapter 13☼︎☾︎

"What!?" Jennette gasped as she heard her friend speak.

Luna nodded in response still angry at the boy who had surely betrayed her. "He's the fifth prince."

"And you knew him since he became a Duke?"

"Yes, I shouldn't have done all that for him. I should've left him alone to die here," she frowned leaving Jennette confused.

"I don't understand a thing," she narrowed her eyes as Luna sighed before explaining everything.

"He was abandoned by the King for being his favourite concubine's son who died while giving birth to him. So Sunghoon was never treated like a proper prince. He was on good terms with all of the other princes but he wasn't allowed to meet them that much. Basically he wasn't allowed to do anything on his one so when he grew up be decided to get his rights, just a little more respect because even the servants looked down on him."

"How do you know all this?" Jennette interrupted her not wanting to believe that that obnoxious man had a sad past.

"He told me himself and," she said but Jennette interrupted again.

"He could be lying you know?"

"Will you listen to me first..." She glared at her friend who reluctantly nodded back. "Of course he could be lying so I confirmed it right away from the maid who took care of him back then. She died just a few years ago."

"Oh... So then how did he become the Duke if he was treated so terribly?"

"He tried to kill Jay," she said but was interrupted once again.

"How does that give him any right to become the Duke?" Jennette almost shouted.

"Listen..." She sighed, "He tried to kill Jay was what everyone told the King. Sunghoon told me he didn't and the servants told my knight that he did so it's pretty vague to tell. So then being a prince and that too of the King's favourite concubine he couldn't get him killed so instead he exiled him and that's how we met."

"Dramatic.. anyway then how did you save him?" Jennette asked.

"I had my eyes on Oblivia since long, I just needed someone with power whom I could trust and Sunghoon fitted there very well. I actually have my men working in all states like Oblivia so I made one of them take the blame. We made a situation and he was shown guilty... He was a great knight but, for the greater good," she gave Jennette an empty smile.

"Then after blaming everything on him Sunghoon was brought back?"

"Yes, but Jay still hates him so that's why I think Sunghoon lied to me about not attempting Jay's murder. Obviously he couldn't possibly kill Heeseung because of all the security he's provided for being the Crown Prince and Jay is the second most important person in the Empire and luckily for Sunghoon he and Jay were good friends so it was easy to approach him."