CHAPTER TWELVE

LOGAN'S POV

IT'S A COUPLE DAYS LATER, and Kennedy and Layla have move into my penthouse.

I remember seeing their faces when they saw it. They looked like deer caught in headlights. Especially Kennedy.

She couldn't even form a sentence.

"Kennedy does have the ring, correct?" My mother asked, setting her purse on my kitchen counter.

I poured myself a cup of coffee before leaning against the counter. Kennedy and Layla were still asleep, and I couldn't blame them.

It's seven o'clock in the morning, and they were up late last night unpacking. I was going to help them, but I got called into work. I was there until two o'clock this morning.

"Yes, Mother," I told her before sipping on my hot coffee.

Unlike me, my mother is dressed in a pantsuit and her makeup was done along with her hair. She looks so energetic, and I don't know where she gets it from.

"Now, have you discussed with Kennedy about her wardrobe options?" My mother asked, making me groan, irritated.

"Kennedy can wear whatever the hell she wants to. She is a human being, not a doll," I argued with her, putting my cup down.

"I understand she is a human being, but the press is not going to believe you are with her if she wears her nerdy looking outfits. You are always with the girls who wear modern clothes."

"Oh well, the press can go screw themselves. I think Kennedy's outfits are perfectly fine," I said, truthfully.

My mother rolled her eyes. "Whatever, Logan." Her phone buzzed, and she smiled. "I must go. I have a client. I'll talk to you later."

And with that she was walking out of my penthouse. Once the door shut, I sighed, running a hand through my hair.

I walked over to my double windows, and I looked out to the city below me.

"It's so pretty," Layla's voice said, startling me.

I looked to my right to see her pressing her face against the window to see the city.

"When did you get up?" I asked, looking down at her.

"A few minutes ago. Mommy still asleep, though," she said before walking over to the bar stools.

"Are you hungry?" I asked her, walking back to my coffee cup.

"Yes," she said, getting onto one of the bar stools.

"Okay, well I have waffles, cereal, eggs," I started listing off things I had.

"What kind of cereal?" Layla asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Only the best cereal," I replied, grabbing the Lucky Charms out of the pantry.

"Lucky Charms!" She exclaimed, clapping her hands.

"Do you want some?" I asked even though I already knew her answer.

She nodded, letting her golden blonde curls cover her face. I grabbed two bowls from the cabinet, and I filled them with the cereal. Then I poured the milk in before handing one bowl to Layla.