CHAPTER THREE

KENNEDY'S POV

I WOKE UP WITH A SCARE. I placed a hand over my heart calm myself down. I had a nightmare about what happened last night.

Everything is okay. I told myself over and over until I actually believed it.

I threw the blanket off of me, and I walked into Layla's room to see her still asleep. It's only eight o'clock in the morning.

I walked into the bathroom, and I turned the shower on. Water came out of the shower head, and I stripped from my clothes.

I stepped into the shower, and I let the warm water run over my body. After ten minutes of just standing there in the shower, I decided to wash my hair and my body.

I rinsed off my body before turning the water off. I wrapped a towel around my body before walking out of the bathroom and back to my room.

I changed into a white bra, underwear, a white long sleeve collar shirt, a pair black tights, and a navy blue dress that reaches above my knees. I fixed my cuffs at the end of my arm and my collar.

I put my black slip on shoes before walking out of my room.

Then I pulled my hair half up, half down, letting it be in it's wavy state. I fixed my glasses before looking at myself in the mirror.

I walked out of my room, and I walked to the kitchen to make breakfast for Layla and me. I got the eggs and grits out, and I turned on the oven.

When breakfast was almost done, Layla walked into the kitchen, rubbing her eyes, sleepily.

"Good morning, baby," I said, picking her up.

She laid on my shoulder, and I rocked her back and forth. Then I placed her in a chair at the small table in our kitchen.

I finished the eggs and the grits before putting some on a princess plate for her. I put the plate on the table in front of Layla before getting her some juice.

When I had her all ready to eat, I fixed myself a plate before sitting down next to Layla.

"Mommy, this is rwally good," Layla said, eating her breakfast.

"Aw, thanks baby," I replied with a smile.

We finished our breakfast, and I turned on a cartoon for Layla. I walked into her room to pick out any outfit for her.

I grabbed a maroon long sleeve dress with black tights and her boots. I walked back into the living room to find Layla laying on the couch, watching Wonder Pets.

I sat down beside her, and I said,"Layla, it's time for you to get dressed."

She groaned before standing up on the floor. I got her out of her pjs, and I changed her into the outfit I picked out for her.

When I was finished, I grabbed a maroon bow off of the counter. I put Layla's hair half up, half down before putting the bow where her rubber is holding her hair.

"All right. You're are all done. Now go pack you some toys to take to the bookstore," I told Layla.

She nodded before running to her room. I turned the tv off, and I grabbed my purse and my phone while waiting for Layla. I made sure to refill her juice in her cup. She came running out with a little bag filled with toys.