CHAPTER SIX

LOGAN'S POV

I THREW THE DART, and I missed the board. I pursued my lips before drinking the rest of my drink.

"Dude, how could you miss the board?" Cole asked, standing up from the couch.

We were at my penthouse, playing darts, and watching the sports channel.

"I have other things on my mind at the moment," I replied, placing my glass down on the counter.

"Things like Kennedy?" Jake asked, grabbing the darts off the board.

"I asked her to marry me, and she told me she had to think about it. But what shocked me is that she didn't say yes the first time I asked her," I said, turning to face the guys.

"Maybe your charms didn't work on her even though that's impossible considering you are the hottest male celebrity in the country, according to Times Magazine," Cole said, holding up a magazine with my face on it.

"Shut up," I replied, making Jake snicker.

Cole rolled his eyes before his phone went off. He answered the call, and he mumbled something to the other person on the line.

"Okay, okay. I'm on my way," Cole said, quickly. "Bye, sugarplum."

Jake and I were silent before we bursted our in laughter. Cole mocked us, annoyed with us.

"Samatha wants me so I must leave you two," Cole said while Jake and I were trying our best to stop laughing at him.

"Bye, Cole," I said as he walked over to the elevator. He pressed the button before turning back to us.

"Night guys," Cole said before walking into the elevator.

He pressed a button and the door closed. I poured more drink into my glass, and I took a long sip of it.

"I probably should be getting back to my apartment. I have a huge meeting tomorrow," Jake said, checking the time.

"Yeah, it's getting pretty late," I said, focused on my drink.

"Night, dude," Jake said, hitting my shoulder.

"Night, Jake," I replied.

Then he was gone, and I was all alone in my apartment like usual. I finished my drink before walking to the couch.
I sat on the couch, and I changed the channel to something more interesting.

I decided to watch Fast and Furious. I was half way through it when my eyes started to feel heavy. Before I knew it, I was out like a light.

—————————————————-

I felt awful as I walked into my office. Sleeping on the couch is not good for your back. I sat down in my chair, and I opened my computer.

"George! I need you!" I yelled, making him run into my office.

"Yes sir. What can I do for you?" George asked, fixing his glasses.

"What meetings do I have today?" I asked him.

He looked at his tablet before listing off my meetings. "The last meeting is with Mr. Clare."