CHAPTER TEN

LOGAN'S POV

I KNOCKED ON HER DOOR bright and early the next morning. I looked down at the two cups of hot chocolate I grabbed for us at the little cafe a block away from here.

After a few seconds of waiting, the door opened, revealing Kennedy, rubbing her tired eyes. Her hair was in a messy bun, and she was in a black tank top and a pair of gray sweatpants. She had no glasses on, and she looked even more beautiful without them.

"Logan?!" She asked, surprised to see me standing here.

"Good morning. Am I too early?"

She shook her head,"No. I overslept actually. What time is it?"

I looked at my watch on my wrist. "9:00."

"I was planning on getting up at eight, but I must have slept through my alarm. Come on in," Kennedy said, opening the door the whole way.

I walked into her apartment, and I saw multiple empty cardboard boxes. I heard her shut the door behind me, and I turned back to face her.

"This is for you," I told her, offering the hot chocolate.

"Thank you," she thanked me as she grabbed it from my hands. She took a sip and smiled.

"So where do you want to begin?" I asked her, setting my hot chocolate on the coffee table.

"I have to pack the bedrooms first then the living room. The kitchen will be the last," she explained also setting her cup down.

"Sounds like a plan."

She handed me a box before saying,"I'm going to go get change real fast. I'll be right out."

I nodded, and she walked away from me. That's when I saw it. A long scar ran between her shoulder blades. It was faint, but you could tell it was there. My eyebrows furrowed with confusion, but I stayed silent.

Where on earth could she has gotten that scar from?

I waited for her to get dressed, sitting on the couch. She walked out a few minutes later dressed in leggings and a gray long sleeve shirt that said,'New York City' in red. I noticed she had on her engagement ring, making me smile.

"I think we should Layla's room first since she has a lot of stuff," Kennedy suggested, pushing her glasses up on her nose.

"I'll bring the boxes," I offered, grabbing two large boxes.

She led me down the short hallway, and she pushed open a door. Kennedy flipped on a switch, and we talked into the room. The walls were pink, and Layla had toys on her bed, in the storage bins, and on the floor.

"We will just use this box for toys," Kennedy said, grabbing one of the boxes from my hands. "and the other one for her clothes."

I nodded, and we started packing Layla's room. Kennedy left Layla out two outfits for tonight and tomorrow morning. Within a hour, Layla's room was all packed upon boxes except for the bed and the rocking chair.

"That was a workout," Kennedy joked as we walked back into the living room.

"Are you hungry? I can order some food, and Evan can bring it to us," I offered, taking off my blazer, setting it down on the coffee table.