CHAPTER TWO

LOGAN'S POV

"IF YOU DON'T GET MARTIAN ON the phone right now, you're fired!" I yelled at my assistant, George, who was slightly shaking from my yelling.

"B-but s-sir, h-he is in a m-meeting," George stuttered in fear.

"Does it look like I care?" I asked him. He shook his head. I gave him a firm smile. "Then do what I asked."

"Y-yes sir," George said before leaving my office.

I twirled my pen between my fingers while I thought about this deal. If I take Bright Enterprises under my company, Knight's Enterprises, there is a huge risk of bankruptcy.

But if I don't take them in, I will lose half my employees.

I dropped my pen on my desk, and I spun around in my chair to look at the city. My office has a huge window overlooking the whole city since my office was on the top floor.

"You can't go in there!" George yelled, outside of my office. I twirled back around facing the door.

"I'm his mother! I can do whatever I want," My mother's high pitch voice exclaimed.

"But Mr. Knight told me not to let anybody in his office without his permission!" George yelled again.

The door opened, and my mother stepped in along with George. My mother's long brown hair was in a tight bun like usual, and her hazel eyes were cold when I looked into them.

She was wearing a black dress, heels, and a black trench coat. Her red lips turned into a frown when she saw me.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Knight. She just barged in, looking for you," George apologized.

I waved him off,"It's fine, George. Please leave me and my mother alone."

He nodded quickly,"Yes sir."

My mother sat down in one of my gray leather chairs and I cleared my throat.

"What's so urgent, mother, that you had to barge into my office?" I asked her.

She rolled her eyes,"God, you sound like I can't ever come to see my son at work."

"Well, you can, but you look like you just won the lottery," I replied, titling my head.

"I think I just did," she said, which confused me. "You remember Katelynn Clare?"

I nodded,"Yes. Derrick Clare's daughter, right?"

Derrick Clare is a family friend, and owns the second most biggest company in the country.

My mother smiled,"You do remember."

"Well, it's hard not to. That girl was bragging about everything she owned on our date that you set up."

I shuddered at the memory. I can't stand a girl who bragged about everything. Katelynn always had things handed to her on a silver plater, and she never had to lift her finger to do anything.

"I have some good news. Mr. Clare and I came to an agreement with our companies' status. You and Katelynn will get married!" My mother said, excitedly, clapping n her hands together.